PHD on BX2200

/ PHD on BX2200 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Okay...I know you guys have made plenty of posts on this subject but I need some info. I'm helping a friend put up a pole barn and am going to rent a 3pt phd to get the holes dug. My question is what auger length will fit the tractor. I stopped by the rental shop and looked at the unit he had. I'm sorry..but I don't rember the make (thought it started with an "i"). The total length from the bottom of the gearbox to the tip of the auger was about 4'. I think it will fit but any knowledge would help. Also this is my first time using my 3ph with an implement...I'll take any tips you guys may have! Tanx...Ken.

PS I had this posted over in attachments in the general forum but got no replies/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif...thought I put it here in the first place but screwed up!/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ PHD on BX2200 #2  
You will probably have to set the upper link to fit the 2200, I had to drill a new hole in mine to get the tip of the auger up a bit from the ground
(I know you can't do that with a rental, but you will have use the hole closest to the upper link)

My PHD is a Howse unit. The augers seem standard on most units.

The lower arms on the 2200 are much lower than most larger tractors and the problem is that you can't get the tip of the auger to clear the ground.

As you move the arched piece toward the tractor the auger is raised higher

My PHD has been used on a 8N, a ford 2000 and a 2955 JD 85 PTO HP and the only differance is the position of the arched fitting all the way forward for the 2200, mid way for the 8N and the 2000 and next to the last hole for the JD.

Be very careful taking the durn thing off, I smashed my finger a while back, had 5 stitches and it was a long time before I could play with my bota, the durn finger still is a lilttle stiff and tender.
Jim

/ PHD on BX2200 #3  
If the soil is in the least bit rocky, don't bother with the 3PH PHD. Rent a self contained unit, I think these are hydraulic, you 'drive' them from behind a control console, otherwise you'll be spending long hours with a breaker bar, shovel, etc. It's not fun. If the soil is clear, they'll work great. I have a Worksaver, with 9" bit, the bit was shortened, don't know it's lenght offhand, BX is pretty low in the back. It still drags the ground over bumps/dips.

- Patrick W.

/ PHD on BX2200 #4  
Spoke to my Bota dealer and one of the salesmen there is a personal friend. He said they rent out PHD's and for the BX2200 they only use the Woods PHD, he says it's the only one that will fit the BX.

Bob

/ PHD on BX2200
Well I guess I'll just have too see what happens. Most of the posts on phd's guys have cut them down to 4' auger length. That's what the rental unit is, and the guy at the shop says if it wont fit just bring it back and he wont charge me at all. Thanks for the replys.

/ PHD on BX2200 #6  
There are several company that make PHD for the BX2200 several have been talked about on these pages! I have heard of 42" of length.

KCook