BX24 rear hydraulics

/ BX24 rear hydraulics #1  

fomocof250d

I want to add a rear hydraulic hook up on my BX24. It will be used to make my rear blade hydraulic angle and other things eventually .I know that the backhoe has power beyond but do I have to have a control valve with power beyond? I was looking at Prince valve RD2575T4ESA1. Will the valve work or is ther another one that I should use?? Is there anything else I should look for? :confused:

/ BX24 rear hydraulics #2  
I want to add a rear hydraulic hook up on my BX24. It will be used to make my rear blade hydraulic angle and other things eventually .I know that the backhoe has power beyond but do I have to have a control valve with power beyond? I was looking at Prince valve RD2575T4ESA1. Will the valve work or is ther another one that I should use?? Is there anything else I should look for? :confused:

Welcome
I couldn't find valve but it has to be open center to hook to the backhoe fittings.

tom

/ BX24 rear hydraulics #3  
Yes, you need PB. Per hydraulic flow diagram in WSM, your FEL and 3PT are downstream...

/ BX24 rear hydraulics #4  
I have this valve plumbed into the backhoe to operate the thumb.
you will need the powerbeyond spool sold in accessories.
Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail
it is very easy to hook up inline or in place of the backhoe.

Last edited:
   / BX24 rear hydraulics #5  

I am on the same journey so to speak. I went to my local hydraulic store and bought a prince MB model single spool valve. It came with a power beyond plug so I can still retain the use of the 3 pt at the same time. I havent gotten the hoses yet, but I am contemplating on making it with steel hydraulic hoses for permanant connection, but still can disconnect the short power beyond hose off the prince spool and put on BH as intended.

The spool you are thinking is already open centered, but you cant use the plug. if you use the plug it will become a closed center valve and that is not good for your BX. it will make relief kick in all the time and making high pitched sound. The valve I bought is a MB model single spool so it can be used sideways or up depending on plug ports you use. You can also use it in power beyond instead of striaght open center. (power beyond uses open center valves but you lose use of 3 pt control if operating the add on valve.

/ BX24 rear hydraulics
You can also use it in power beyond instead of striaght open center. (power beyond uses open center valves but you lose use of 3 pt control if operating the add on valve.

So you are saying I can't add a valve to control my blade angle because i'll lose my lift from 3pt hitch????

/ BX24 rear hydraulics #7  
The power beyond type system is a series of valves. Fluid exits the pump, goes into the first valve's inlet port.(backhoe on bx 24) if the spool is centered(no lever moved) hydraulic flow will exit the power beyond port. From there it goes into the next (loader control) valve's inlet port. Again if the spools stay centered, flow will exit the valve's power beyond port and goes to the transmission case and into the spool for the 3 pt hitch, again if the spool is centered the fluid will pass through the valve and be returned to the sump.
Installing a open center valve into the system will cause no pressure at any valve downstream from the open centered valve because the open center is open to atmospheric presssure via the return line and all pump flow is returned to the sump.
The power beyond spool is not a plug. It seals off the return line from the pressure line in a open center valve. It still allows through flow for other valves. If properly connected it will NOT cause the pressure relief valve to open. Closed center valves allow NO flow unless a spool is actuated, this WILL cause the relief to run constant, this is very bad, it WILL damage a BX.
Another factor is most spool valves have a integral relief valve of their own. This relief pressure setting must exceed the tractors relief pressure or all down srtream valves will relief at the lower pressure.
Then there is the return line. All this does is return fluid from the cylinders to the sump.
To add a power beyond valve to a BX24 you will need a control valve set up for power beyond.
Connect the valve's inlet port to the short hose that stays on the tractor.
This is the pump outlet.
Connect the power beyond port to the fitting you would connect the short hose to when not using the backhoe. This is the pressure line to the rest of the system.
Connect the return line to the remaining fitting on the tractor. This is direct to the sump.
The valve is now in series with the power beyond system and will allow proper function of the system.
I hope this helps, Dave

/ BX24 rear hydraulics #8  
No what I am saying is using a open center valve is fine. Just keep in mind that when pushing on the lever of the add on spool will "override" the 3 pt function if you try to push on BOTH levers. Granted most people won't be doing that, but I wanted you to go into this project with your eyes open. I am going to use a power beyond capable valve that uses BOTH returns and one input from the rear of BX. In your case, you picked the open center only valve means you using the black hose from the BX24 with male end as your in port of open center and the female port you normally use as bypass when not using the BH in your out of the open center valve. You just wont be using the second return of the lower male port. With this setup, using the 3 pt lever and open center valve same time will seems like a loss of hyraulic use. Its either one or the other.

/ BX24 rear hydraulics
Would this Prince valve be a better choice then? I want it to work correctly and not have a chance to screw something up.
Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail
If this is not the correct valve then which would be correct??????