Tires B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
I will have loaded rears. Uses incl loader work, working in the woods and clearing land with a box blade. Maybe some snow work if I choose ags. I like the idea of ags because R4s are supposed to be horrible with a little mud on them. Are ags as tough as R4s? Advantages or disadvantages? My first set will be unloaded turfs so my grass is not damaged.

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #2  
look for some higher ply rating ag's and I think you will be happy.

tom

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #3  
   / B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s
I have actually read almost all of what is out there. I guess my real question was too vague. I have pretty much decided that my second set will be AGs. I dont see near as much info on these as I do turfs and r4s especially for the smaller tractors. My real question is will ags be tough enough for loader work and woods clearing? I have not found any info on this anywhere. Thanks

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #5  
I have actually read almost all of what is out there. I guess my real question was too vague. I have pretty much decided that my second set will be AGs. I dont see near as much info on these as I do turfs and r4s especially for the smaller tractors. My real question is will ags be tough enough for loader work and woods clearing? I have not found any info on this anywhere. Thanks

What ply rating will they be. Ag tractors wheels take a lot of abuse and keep on turning. For loader work in dirt they will give you more grip.

Roy

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #6  
I had the R1's on my firsr BX and really liked them. The tractor is now almost eight years old with no flats and still in good shape. I have R4's on my BX2660, but if I was going with two sets, it would be turf and R1's.

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #8  
i have had trouble with the 2 ply stock ones I came across these

ply-lug-tire-3589.jpg

26x12.00-12 8-ply Lug Tire, Lug/Bar Tread Tires, Tires - GEMPLER'S

carlile has something too
moz-screenshot.png

http://www.carlisletire.com/media/catalogs/bigbiters.pdf

when mine finally die I will be going to some thing like this.

tom

/ B/BX 2nd set of tires - ags or R4s #10  
i'm probably wrong . . . but, i thought i previously read on this websight that the r4's had a thicker sidewall? any truth to that? shrekbelly