Oil & Fuel Monster Diesel Fuel Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #1  

megaboz

Platinum Member
Tractor
'17 2032r (soon)
I know there are some very smart people on here. And so many of you have contributed greatly to us fellow users, but I have a favor to ask.

Have you heard of a new fuel additive called Monster Diesel?

Maybe it is for real, but the claims they make, well they just seem to be out there.

Monster Diesel is so powerful that it痴 truly portable premium diesel. One quart contains the energy equivalent of 25 gallons of diesel fuel, this additive is truly energy in a bottle! Here痴 what you値l see when you start using Monster Diesel?
Reduces diesel consumption by as much as 15%
Boosts diesel fuel痴 energy by 10% for increased power and mileage per gallon
Reduces metal to metal engine wear and friction by as much as 40%, to reduce down time
Winterizes diesel fuel to allow low temperature operation, preventing gelling and eliminating the need for expensive #1 diesel fuel
Boosts the cetane number by 12.5%--twice the boost of premium gas over regular
Eliminates engine knock
Provides corrosion control in the fuel system
Supplements fuel to make up for the loss in lubricity that occurs when using ultra low sulfur diesel fuel
Extends the life of your engine

Now I am sure some of this could be true, but honestly, if one bottle of this stuff has the same energy as 25 gallons of diesel fuel, how could this stuff be safe to even ship? There claim is that they manipulate nitroglycern to be safe to use in diesel fuel, some kind of nitro-alkyl molecule. The only thing I could find on "nitro-alkyl" is that it appears to be alcohol based.

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #3  
In Spanish, the expression for those claims is: "Caca de toro !".

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive
Ok, I search this forum, but not the others. My bad....

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #5  
IMO snake oil, heck, I bet they even have ocean front property in Arizona.

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #6  
"The only thing I could find on "nitro-alkyl" is that it appears to be alcohol based."

I recall a diesel mechanic mechanic telling me that any alcohol / methyl based product is very detrimental for your diesel engine - injectors, pump, cylinders, etc - dries out the fuel and can cause scoring. So he suggested to limit the use to getting moisture out only and try to compensate with a proven lubricity product that doesn't have any skull / crossbones designation on it or the cheapest / most effective was usually just using some ASTM tested bio-diesel (less than 5% during the winter) made from canola - not soya since it does not have as high of a lubricity level. And you won't pay a "monster price" either.. :)

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive
"The only thing I could find on "nitro-alkyl" is that it appears to be alcohol based."

I recall a diesel mechanic mechanic telling me that any alcohol / methyl based product is very detrimental for your diesel engine - injectors, pump, cylinders, etc - dries out the fuel and can cause scoring. So he suggested to limit the use to getting moisture out only and try to compensate with a proven lubricity product that doesn't have any skull / crossbones designation on it or the cheapest / most effective was usually just using some ASTM tested bio-diesel (less than 5% during the winter) made from canola - not soya since it does not have as high of a lubricity level. And you won't pay a "monster price" either.. :)

According to the company it is supposed to be natural gas based. At one time I thought there used to be some scientists on this site. I was hoping that they could make more out of it.

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #8  
I just ran out of power service. Its about time to get new bottle, but I saw american choppers standing behind that new product. Snake oil? it claims to have antigel properties. I am too wondering if it worth it to try it.

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #9  
any add that uses the words "by as much as... " I stay away from! I'm surprised they don't use the words "up to"!

/ Monster Diesel Fuel Additive #10  
In Spanish, the expression for those claims is: "Caca de toro !".

Good one CurlyDave!

According to the company it is supposed to be natural gas based.

I wonder if that is a typo on the Monster Diesel website Megaboz. It seems to me it should be listed as "politician gas based."

Status
Not open for further replies.