Shift Problem?

/ Shift Problem? #1  

440SixPak

Tractor
Kubota L3450
Hello everyone. I finally joined a couple of months ago, I read alot on here and love the projects but have not posted anything more than a greeting.
Here is my first question. I "aquired" a kubota L3450 GST with a large hole in the block where the piston wanted out. After 2 years I split the tractor fixed the block and rebuilt the engine. Suprisingly the tractor runs very good and I have been using it some. The problem I have (if it is a problem) when I shift from one gear to another without the clutch the tractor comes to a complete stop for a couple seconds then continues moving. If I use the clutch it operates like a normal manual shift. Is this normal for a GST? I have never owned one before.

Thanks Dirk

/ Shift Problem? #2  
I love this transmission! When you change gears, the Hydraulics operates the clutch, changes the gears, then releases the clutch. Yes there is a time, just like manual clutch shifts, that there is gear train is disconnected. But when in gear just as solid as standard transmission. Learn to expect this short release time.

Gil

/ Shift Problem? #3  
How about a round of applause for the first time poster answering the second time poster with seemingly accurate info. I would say exactly the type of members that are the norm here at TBN!