bx 24 rear fender recall

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #1  

shownuff

Gold Member
Tractor
2008 bx 24
just got notification of a recall on the plastic rear fenders on the bx 24 from my local dealer .I think they are just looking for work to keep the shop busy,any way mine are not cracked but the service manager said it only takes an hour or so to change the both of them which seem like a b/s story.... he also said theres no rush they have till 2013 to complete this

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #2  
If there's no cracks, my guess is they'll just reinforce your fenders to prevent them from cracking. I had to have mine replaced, so the tractor got dropped off at the dealer for a several days. If they're just reinforcing the fenders with new brackets it may very well just take an hour or so. Interesting that it's now a recall. Wonder if the Toyota thing scared them?

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #3  
what?! Its pretty late to start sending out notices for those fenders. Have you looked underneath where the rear fender meets the floor pan to see which one you have ? are they ribbed or have a metal bracket or nothing ?

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #4  
If this is for real, then a hood recall would be in order. Isn't it a problem with plastic going brittle due to uv exposure. I don't see the connection with Toyota thing unless bad rep for jap products could taint kbota products.

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #5  
Those cracking fenders cracked where the deck(floor) of the tractor meet the fender. Could be a safety issue. Ex: Step up on tractor.. crack.. fall down and break your ankle or worse. It's been a known problem, and now those that have a tractor that's out of warranty will get theirs fixed too. Not really toyota related, just an example.

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #6  
Is this a new recall, or old one tied to those that have earlyones with inadequatly supported floorboard or plastic floorboard?.

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #7  
just got notification of a recall on the plastic rear fenders on the bx 24 from my local dealer .I think they are just looking for work to keep the shop busy,any way mine are not cracked but the service manager said it only takes an hour or so to change the both of them which seem like a b/s story.... he also said theres no rush they have till 2013 to complete this

I sincerely doubt there has been a recall. Recalls are big deals, normally issued for real safety problems and involve notifying owners and keeping detailed records. I believe there was a service bulletin issued for this fender cracking a couple of years ago. A service bulletin advises the dealer how to correct a problem if it occurs and might offer reimbursement for out-of-warranty coverage.
It is not unbelievable that the dealer could use a little work right now, even if it's low-paying warranty work. Beats sending the shop guys home.

To my knowledge, there was one actual recall for the BX24. It required a new bolt in the seat mount.

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #8  
It does seem like quite a while before they finally decided to "fix 'em".

Don

/ bx 24 rear fender recall #9  
recall # is????????????????

/ bx 24 rear fender recall
there is no number given- it states to call the service manager to see if applies to your machine I thought they would go by the serial number as I purchased it from them, they even offer to inspect it for free at their location or mine so it seems like a sure thing, I have seen others mention about a bracket kit {metal} that goes underneath the floor but they are telling me that there is more fiberglass material molded into this replacement ...I was wondering if anyone else had gotten any info recently on this?