B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010

/ B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010 #1  

Evil the Weasel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Here's an action shot of this morning's seat time. I cleared about 8" out last night and woke up to this. This snow is incredibly heavy and wet and I had to bring up the RPMs, engage the 4wd, and go slower than usual but got the job done.

Attachments

• blizzard.jpg
    blizzard.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 504
   / B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010 #2  
Impressive. Looks like an awful lot of snow to move. How much snow did you get?? I spent about 35 years in upstate NY (near Binghamton) and we used to get hammered with big snow storms every now and then. Moving the snow can be enjoyable if you have the right equipment. Looks like you have the right equipment. :thumbsup:

/ B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010
Official total was 16.5", but the wind piled it up higher in some spots.

/ B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010 #4  
How long of a road are you doing there and how long does it take you? I'm asking because I would like to do my subdivision road to try and cover some tractor payments. I've got the same tractor.

That "road" is my driveway. 225' long with a turnaround. Depending on the type/depth of snow, I'm out there from 15 minutes to an hour.

/ B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010 #6  
EtW,
I was doing the same thing last night and today. It was the wettest, heaviest snow I've ever moved. I really had to ease into the first pass but after that I could move along. Move it all now 'cause if it gets cold again those piles are there till spring!:D
It was all fun though.

/ B2620 vs Blizzard of 2010 #7  
That "road" is my driveway. 225' long with a turnaround. Depending on the type/depth of snow, I'm out there from 15 minutes to an hour.

That's pretty quick actually. My drive is a little longer and it takes me quite awhile with the rear blade and front end loader. I assume you have the high capacity 51" front blower? how is it with gravel?

I definitely would not take on my quarter mile subdivision road without a blower.

That's pretty quick actually. My drive is a little longer and it takes me quite awhile with the rear blade and front end loader. I assume you have the high capacity 51" front blower? how is it with gravel?

I definitely would not take on my quarter mile subdivision road without a blower.

Yes. I have the B2781A 51" front mount. I have never tried it on gravel ,although with proper shoe adjustment, I think it would be fine. With normal snow, I can really sail through the job. This stuff weighed a ton and taxed the blower accordingly.