bx screen cleaning- caution

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #1  

stevess

Silver Member
i cleaned the screen on my bx25. be forewarned that all the fluid came pouring out. i had a clean pan ready so not really a mess but be ready for it. maybe my fill plug gasket is bad... i could hear the suction.
steve
bx25

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #3  
how did that happen?

/ bx screen cleaning- caution
i remember your cork idea but after reading some guys had lost a pint or so of sudt i didn't think i needed it. that sudt just flowed out.
steve

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #5  
i cleaned the screen on my bx25. be forewarned that all the fluid came pouring out. i had a clean pan ready so not really a mess but be ready for it. maybe my fill plug gasket is bad... i could hear the suction.
steve
bx25
What ! You didn't drain it first:confused:

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #6  
Thought you were supposed to clean it during a fluid change.
After the axle was empty.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #7  
You can clean the screen anytime. Especially important, many believe, at the 40-50 hour mark, if not a little sooner. Just got to have a plan.:D:D

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #8  
Hmm, I thought the lost pint was from changing the filter without a full drain, not the screen. That sucker is at the bottom of the HST. Well, they do say experience is the best teacher :)

/ bx screen cleaning- caution
your probably correct about the filter change.. lost about a pint on that one but the full amount on the screen clean. not to worry though.. i had a couple clean pans available and all went back in easy. also, no shavings on the screen and the fluid looked clean. no matter how much i study it seems i just have to do it. i would say the most difficult thing to remove on the 50hr was the engine filter. everything else went smooth.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #10  
your probably correct about the filter change.. lost about a pint on that one but the full amount on the screen clean. not to worry though.. i had a couple clean pans available and all went back in easy. also, no shavings on the screen and the fluid looked clean. no matter how much i study it seems i just have to do it.
i would say the most difficult thing to remove on the 50hr was the engine filter.
everything else went smooth.
Get a 3 finger claw oil filer wrench and make removing the filter a snap.