King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #1  

Bamacummins

Bronze Member
I have searched for months for a used tiller and just about have come to the conclusion that a new one may be the best option. Can't find a deal anywhere on a used one.

Question: Checked with my local Tractor Supply and they have two KK models. So which one should I buy for the BX 2660? Not sure what limited CAT 1 hitch means for the orange model. About $200 difference in price. The other option is a WOODs at my Kubota dealer for $1595. Actually, I have a 10% coupon for TSC that can be used which lowers the prices some.

MODEL: TG-48-XB (the orange one) $1249- 10% coupon = $1125
Approx. Shipping Weight: 524

KING KUTTER'S GEAR DRIVEN XB-TILLER is a quality constructed tiller that is built to last. The adjustable skid shoes control the cutting depth while the rear shield controls the soil mix. Each tiller is equipped with a slip clutch to protect the cast iron gear driven center gear box and the gear driven side gear box. This unit has a 48" cutting width and is designed for sub-compact tractors up to 25 H.P.

Model: TG-48 (the yellow one) $1449- 10% coupon = $1305

KING KUTTER II GEAR DRIVEN ROTARY TILLERS are designed to perform with its heavy duty gear drive and square tube frame. With 6 tines per flange, you get maximum soil mix for preparing planting beds, gardens, incorporating fertilizer, landscaping, or other jobs. This Category 1 tiller includes a PTO shaft with heavy duty slip clutch. Available in 4, 5, and 6 ft. models. The 4 ft. model is offset to eliminate tire tracks.

Attachments

• kkiitiller.jpg
    kkiitiller.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 344
  • TG-48-XB.jpg
    TG-48-XB.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,203
   / King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #2  
I have had the XB model for several seasons. It tills a large pumpkin patch and small garden in rocky clay soil. It has done a very good job with no reliability issues.

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #3  
I have a bush hog brand tiller that looks simalar to orange one. less tines means more power in rocky/rough/new soil. once soil is established and big rocks removed, the orange one will do a veyr good job just like yellow one. I really don't see the point of getting the yellow one.

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #4  
48" should be about right in the cheaper/more economical one. I went with the Land Pride, but KK and others are good tillers. The only comment of a semi negative nature has been that KK paint will fade quicker, but I wouldn't let that change my mind as I keep my equipment out of the weather and they will all fade eventually anyway.

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #5  
I have the yellow one and I love it. I went through the same decision making process for my BX23 and for the money I felt like it was more tiller. I am happy I did becuase it works even better behind my B3030 now, just a thought if you find yourself itching to move up in a few years. I till maybe an acre a year so it probably wouldn't matter which one I got. I guess my opinion would be old yella' but then $200 is half way there on a spreader. Either way and you won't lose, from what I see these things sell like hotcakes for not much less than new.

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #6  
I have searched for months for a used tiller and just about have come to the conclusion that a new one may be the best option. Can't find a deal anywhere on a used one.

Question: Checked with my local Tractor Supply and they have two KK models. So which one should I buy for the BX 2660? Not sure what limited CAT 1 hitch means for the orange model. About $200 difference in price. The other option is a WOODs at my Kubota dealer for $1595. Actually, I have a 10% coupon for TSC that can be used which lowers the prices some.

MODEL: TG-48-XB (the orange one) $1249- 10% coupon = $1125
Approx. Shipping Weight: 524

KING KUTTER'S GEAR DRIVEN XB-TILLER is a quality constructed tiller that is built to last. The adjustable skid shoes control the cutting depth while the rear shield controls the soil mix. Each tiller is equipped with a slip clutch to protect the cast iron gear driven center gear box and the gear driven side gear box. This unit has a 48" cutting width and is designed for sub-compact tractors up to 25 H.P.

Model: TG-48 (the yellow one) $1449- 10% coupon = $1305

KING KUTTER II GEAR DRIVEN ROTARY TILLERS are designed to perform with its heavy duty gear drive and square tube frame. With 6 tines per flange, you get maximum soil mix for preparing planting beds, gardens, incorporating fertilizer, landscaping, or other jobs. This Category 1 tiller includes a PTO shaft with heavy duty slip clutch. Available in 4, 5, and 6 ft. models. The 4 ft. model is offset to eliminate tire tracks.
This is a great tiller at an excellent price.

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #7  
I bought the TG-XB-48 for my BX2660 last year and have been very pleased with it. It is a perfect match and is the right color too. It really does a great job and is not as heavy as the yellow one.

/ King Kutter Tillers for BX 2660 #8  
After extensive research 2 years ago, the Land Pride RTR1058 was my choice for a BX2200, sandy soil. It has been used for several gardens, lawns and landscape beds with excellent results; the reverse rotation is the key. If you look at the video on Land Pride's site, or YouTube, of the RTR tillers they don't exaggerate the results. I paid $1700.00 for a new unit that was on display outside with a few rusty scratches.

Land Pride Rotary Tillers