Orange vs Green

/ Orange vs Green #1  

dkbaillar

pondering a JD or a Kubota, I like alot of options of both. I do have a quick question for anyone. Can I put a mid mount on a L series Kubota. I have an apple orchard where I need a bigger tractor 35-40 horse with a bucket, but I don't want to lose the mid mount.

/ Orange vs Green #2  
I can't help with your question, but "Welcome to TBN". I'm sure someone will be along with your answer shortly.

/ Orange vs Green #4  
Both are good tractors and for me I would spend some time on both and see which is the best fit.

/ Orange vs Green #5  
have always had green, L39 is my first Bota. From I hear you probally can't go wrong with either? Your pocket book may be a factor!

/ Orange vs Green #6  
I compared both before buying my BX24 and the wallet factor was the decision maker.

/ Orange vs Green #7  
I bought my first tractor 6 years ago. What I thought I was buying was a life time mower and foolishly paying a stupid price for a bucket on the front of it to haul stuff around in. Bought a BX2200 MMM FEL. Didn't understand why 20HP was not 20HP with gas vs diesel and what difference 4WD would mean. The guys, farmers that did know, just told me it was so. They didn't talk much just said get diesel and 4WD and a little tractor would pull a big tractor.:) Checked prices at JD, NH and Kubota. Equivilent tractors were $3000 more Green and $2500 more Blue so I went Orange and have been going Orange ever since. When I went Orange I checked several dealers and my local dealer, Barlows, beat all the other Orange dealers by hundreds of dollars, I mean several hundreds of dollars, that's why I recommend anyone hunting a Orange tractor check with Barlows. So, that's how I started my "addiction" 6 years ago. I buy Orange and I buy from Barlows.:) Do I think Orange is better than Green or Blue, I doubt it. I believe they are probably about the same and that's why I went with the best priced one and being satisfied with the performance and service of the Orange I have stayed with it. Went in for price and stayed in because of performance, service and reliability.

/ Orange vs Green #8  
Ive been a kuboater man a long time. With my recent warranty troubles though I did some shopping, I compared the deere 3038 to the L3400. The deere I think takes it in the engine department. Its a smaller engine, I think it was 91ci vs I think 114 (or was it 111?) in the kubota. The deeres turbo though and makes more power, being turbo you have to think it would be more fuel efficient too while performing equal tasks. A turbo makes a diesel more efficient and it will maintain better power at elevation. Now I'm not looking to start a fight but the reality is the deere seemed to quit there, I looked it over and it just seemed really bargain basement compared to other machines. The loader seems weak, it has tiny cylinders and is only rated to lift 540 lbs at 500mm. Its not quick attach, its only a 2 sp hst, the ROP was fixed, not foldable and so on. It would suit someone who was running alot of pto attachments, like a brush hog for example and didnt need any heavy loader work but it just wasnt the machine I need. I wish deere would make a competitive tractor, not just sell a seemingly overpriced rebadged jobber. Its like their brochure says about the 3038, "the quality wont surprise you but the price will". They were right, I was indeed surprised by how high they retail. Even with a deep discount from a close friend who's family owns a few deere dealerships I just couldnt bring myself to buy one. He said I was a rare exception, he said most sales they lose to kubota are price related and he had me discounted pretty deep. I didnt look at it as a price issue though, I look at it as a value issue, there is a difference and from what I could see, for my purposes the value wasnt the same. Might not be the case for the next guy but thats how green measured up for me.

/ Orange vs Green #9  
Ive been a kuboater man a long time. With my recent warranty troubles though I did some shopping, I compared the deere 3038 to the L3400.

Why wouldn't you check the JD 3520 for a more equal apples to oranges comparison?

/ Orange vs Green #10  
I looked at it too and while it seemed to be the right machine the price really took the value out of it. Its a nice tractor though. Dollar for dollar it didnt match apples to oranges.