Kubota BX pallet forks

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #11  
Those Micro Pallet Forks on the link are for Mini-Skid-Steer loaders and have the mini quick attach. Not made for Kubota loaders. How much does your bucket weigh? Those Construction Attachments compact forks only weigh 220 lbs. Could you tell us more about your tractor and loader?

The micro pallet forks can be build for either mini quick attach or with pin on type. I would think that they could build it to work with the Bx style of loader. The Bx loader weight right around 130 lbs or so. So the best bang as far as weight is concerned, are the micro pallet forks since they wouldn't decrease the rated lifting capacity of the bx in any way.

What I would love to see is someone make a mini quick attach for the BX (other than the ATI which is no longer made) that would work with the mini skid steer equipment like the dingo or other small walk behind loader.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks
I looked at that site Just2quickz28. It looks well built, very handy and safer way of moving stuff. However lets do the math.

On my BX24 the bucket weights 132 lbs. The product weights 220lbs. The loader is speced to lift 235 lbs. 132-220=88lbs difference. so 235-88= 147lbs of "speced" lift capacity. Now, we all know that the BX can handle much more then that, we all done it ;). But ~150lbs is not much considering the weight of pallet and stuff on it. what you gonna move? few bags of salt/cement/sand/pellets?

For amount of time to pull pins and remove bucket, drive over to forks and fiddle lining it up and connect, its faster to throw stuff in the bucket and move.

Unless you need a 4 ft wide forklift at home, there no point of using the HD forklift for the average homeowner. I'd rather use the bxpanded forks, much faster to mount/unmount.

You are mistaken. the loader lifts 235 kilograms thats 518 lbs give or take, And thats including the loader bucket. So if you remove the bucket and replace it with something around the same weight then you still have 500lbs of lift capacity at the pins.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks
Those Micro Pallet Forks on the link are for Mini-Skid-Steer loaders and have the mini quick attach. Not made for Kubota loaders. How much does your bucket weigh? Those Construction Attachments compact forks only weigh 220 lbs. Could you tell us more about your tractor and loader?

They may be made for mini skid steer but are available with a blank back. And with a load rating of 900lbs these should be fine for a BX.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks
The micro pallet forks can be build for either mini quick attach or with pin on type. I would think that they could build it to work with the Bx style of loader. The Bx loader weight right around 130 lbs or so. So the best bang as far as weight is concerned, are the micro pallet forks since they wouldn't decrease the rated lifting capacity of the bx in any way.

What I would love to see is someone make a mini quick attach for the BX (other than the ATI which is no longer made) that would work with the mini skid steer equipment like the dingo or other small walk behind loader.

I do have that ATI quick hitch on my BX. And there is another user that started making something like it who bought these Micro Max forks. I believe his user name is Cap-n-Cray. Maybe he will chime in on these.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #15  
You are mistaken. the loader lifts 235 kilograms thats 518 lbs give or take, And thats including the loader bucket. So if you remove the bucket and replace it with something around the same weight then you still have 500lbs of lift capacity at the pins.

That is correct, and I would love to sample some pallet jobs I have with that setup, being that much closer to the pins. I bet it probably would be night and day, not to mention you can see the forks alot better.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #16  
I had Michigan Iron fabricate me a "pin-on" set of forks. Taking the bucket off is kind of a pain (about 10-15 minutes). I couldn't be happier. I leave the forks on most of the Summer and the bucket in the Winter.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #17  
I had Michigan Iron fabricate me a "pin-on" set of forks. Taking the bucket off is kind of a pain (about 10-15 minutes). I couldn't be happier. I leave the forks on most of the Summer and the bucket in the Winter.

Any pictures? I'd like to see this.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #18  
go on youtube (I don't have access at this minuet) and search for bx23 there is a guy that modified his bucket to be a QA setup.

I'll add link when I can find it

tom

/ Kubota BX pallet forks
go on youtube (I don't have access at this minuet) and search for bx23 there is a guy that modified his bucket to be a QA setup.

tom

Ok heres some links to the ones I have saved

The original BX QA setup thread.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/113942-bx-front-end-loader-bucket.html

Machine Builders Network

YouTube - Kubota BX Quick Attachment

bx versa-daptor w/ forks
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/148458-bx-series-versa-dapter-forks.html

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #20  

tom

Edited: removed the link as just2quick beat me to it :)

Pretty amazing and I really like what he did and would love to do it to my bucket, but I don't have anywhere near the skill to do something like that. If I could buy something that is universal like that for under 800 or 1000.00 dollars I probably would do it. Plus as mentioned before I think it would be great if you get it to match up with the mini quick attach style that is on the Toro Dingos and other walk behind skid loaders. I think that those attachments match up much better to our size of machines than the standard quick attach implements which are designed for much larger tractors.

Last edited: