Kubota BX pallet forks

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #1  

Just2quickz28

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 24
I saw these this morning and was wondering if any one had purchased them for their BX.

Construction Attachments 42" Compact Pallet Forks For Kubota BX
Construction Attachments 42" Kubota BX series Pin-On pallet forks for LA203 and LA243 Loaders

My concerns are that the weight is about 100lbs more than the bucket weighs. I did find another set of forks made for a compact skid steer that weigh in at around the same weight as the bucket with a blank back.

Micro Pallet Forks for Compact Skid Steers

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Kubota BX pallet forks #2  
I saw these this morning and was wondering if any one had purchased them for their BX.

Construction Attachments 42" Kubota BX series Pin-On pallet forks for LA203 and LA243 Loaders

My concerns are that the weight is about 100lbs more than the bucket weighs. I did find another set of forks made for a compact skid steer that weigh in at around the same weight as the bucket with a blank back.

I don't have anything to add, but I would be interested in the cost of the arrowForklift forks as they seem to be the best bet when it comes to pallet forks for our Bx tractors.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #3  
I use the bxpanded pallet forks that attach to the bucket. Its a good system and works well. My only gripe is that since the forks are so far forward of the lift point, this severely limits your capacity. Then again, the one that bolts directly to the pins adds over 100 pounds. So its all a compromise I guess...

I find the lifting capacity of the BX is little anyways, and often wish I had a bigger loader. I was surprised when my BX did this the other nignt...even though it was the "curl" cylinder that took the wheels off the ground...

Attachments

• carlift.jpg
    carlift.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 2,282
   / Kubota BX pallet forks
I don't have anything to add, but I would be interested in the cost of the arrowForklift forks as they seem to be the best bet when it comes to pallet forks for our Bx tractors.

I got a price from a local dealer on those forks for about $600 including delivery. Thats with mounting for the loader.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks
I use the bxpanded pallet forks that attach to the bucket. Its a good system and works well. My only gripe is that since the forks are so far forward of the lift point, this severely limits your capacity. Then again, the one that bolts directly to the pins adds over 100 pounds. So its all a compromise I guess...

I find the lifting capacity of the BX is little anyways, and often wish I had a bigger loader. I was surprised when my BX did this the other nignt...even though it was the "curl" cylinder that took the wheels off the ground...

I have a set of clamp on forks for the bucket and find them to be a waste as far as lift capacity. So I wonder how much better the BXpanded forks would be for me.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #6  
On my B1750 with the KBF200 loader I made a set of forks. I made them a bit too light, but they weigh less than the bucket.

If the BX loader takes about 250Kg / 550lbs, a 100Kg / 220lbs set of forks gives you a 150Kg / 330lbs payload - it does not matter that the forks may lift five times that.

I will take some photos later and post them - I am using it at the moment to fill and move some quarter ton dumpy bags of wood - which the forks are doing nicely.

J

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #7  
I have a set of clamp on forks for the bucket and find them to be a waste as far as lift capacity. So I wonder how much better the BXpanded forks would be for me.

Honestly, since they are using the edge of the bucket as the "pivot" so to speak, I dont think you will see any difference. This not only kills lifting capacity, but makes the load very unstable. I have about a 500 pound ballast. I tried to unload my new landpride RCR1548 out of my truck last night and my tractor with the forks didnt even touch it. Take that how you will.

I am not knocking bxpanded forks. They do work great in the right situation. There attach mechanism is very convenient and I think superior to the clamp on style. I just dont think the BX is really the machine to use forks.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #8  
Those Micro Pallet Forks on the link are for Mini-Skid-Steer loaders and have the mini quick attach. Not made for Kubota loaders. How much does your bucket weigh? Those Construction Attachments compact forks only weigh 220 lbs. Could you tell us more about your tractor and loader?

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #9  
I have a set of BX expanded forks also and the BX is pretty limited with them on. I've tried to move some logs and it just wasn't going to happen, they were too big. I imagine the forks the OP listed would be a little better since it moves the lift point back, but still not great. The forks are great for moving brush. You can stack and huge amount of brush on the front of a BX with pallet forks on.

/ Kubota BX pallet forks #10  
I looked at that site Just2quickz28. It looks well built, very handy and safer way of moving stuff. However lets do the math.

On my BX24 the bucket weights 132 lbs. The product weights 220lbs. The loader is speced to lift 235 lbs. 132-220=88lbs difference. so 235-88= 147lbs of "speced" lift capacity. Now, we all know that the BX can handle much more then that, we all done it ;). But ~150lbs is not much considering the weight of pallet and stuff on it. what you gonna move? few bags of salt/cement/sand/pellets?

For amount of time to pull pins and remove bucket, drive over to forks and fiddle lining it up and connect, its faster to throw stuff in the bucket and move.

Unless you need a 4 ft wide forklift at home, there no point of using the HD forklift for the average homeowner. I'd rather use the bxpanded forks, much faster to mount/unmount.