Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 24

Default Kubota BX pallet forks

I saw these this morning and was wondering if any one had purchased them for their BX.

Construction Attachments 42" Compact Pallet Forks For Kubota BX
    Construction Attachments 42" Kubota BX series Pin-On pallet forks for LA203 and LA243 Loaders

My concerns are that the weight is about 100lbs more than the bucket weighs. I did find another set of forks made for a compact skid steer that weigh in at around the same weight as the bucket with a blank back.

Micro Pallet Forks for Compact Skid Steers
    Last edited by Muhammad; 03-04-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Edited Link
    Matt

BX 24
    LA240 FEL, BT601 Backhoe, 54'' MMM, Patu DC 40 Chipper, 5ft LandScape Rake, FEL Snow Plow, ATI FEL Quick Attach, TracVac with QA mower boot, WorkSaver Post Hole Digger, 50$ 4ft Grader Blade

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

Default Re: Kubota BX pallet forks

Quote Originally Posted by Just2quickz28 View Post
    I saw these this morning and was wondering if any one had purchased them for their BX.

Construction Attachments 42" Kubota BX series Pin-On pallet forks for LA203 and LA243 Loaders

My concerns are that the weight is about 100lbs more than the bucket weighs. I did find another set of forks made for a compact skid steer that weigh in at around the same weight as the bucket with a blank back.

I don't have anything to add, but I would be interested in the cost of the arrowForklift forks as they seem to be the best bet when it comes to pallet forks for our Bx tractors.
    Kubota BX-23

Tractor
    2011 Kubota B3000

I use the bxpanded pallet forks that attach to the bucket. Its a good system and works well. My only gripe is that since the forks are so far forward of the lift point, this severely limits your capacity. Then again, the one that bolts directly to the pins adds over 100 pounds. So its all a compromise I guess...

I find the lifting capacity of the BX is little anyways, and often wish I had a bigger loader. I was surprised when my BX did this the other nignt...even though it was the "curl" cylinder that took the wheels off the ground...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -carlift-jpg  
    2011 Kubota B3000HSDCC, QA FEL, QA forks, 72"mmm, LP RCR1548 Rotory Mower, Ballast box, 72" front kubota hydraulic blade.

1997 JD 345, 54" deck, Snowblower

Tractor
    Kubota BX 24

Quote Originally Posted by srossman View Post
    I don't have anything to add, but I would be interested in the cost of the arrowForklift forks as they seem to be the best bet when it comes to pallet forks for our Bx tractors.
    I got a price from a local dealer on those forks for about $600 including delivery. Thats with mounting for the loader.
    Matt

BX 24
    LA240 FEL, BT601 Backhoe, 54'' MMM, Patu DC 40 Chipper, 5ft LandScape Rake, FEL Snow Plow, ATI FEL Quick Attach, TracVac with QA mower boot, WorkSaver Post Hole Digger, 50$ 4ft Grader Blade

Tractor
    Kubota BX 24

Quote Originally Posted by amg280 View Post
    I use the bxpanded pallet forks that attach to the bucket. Its a good system and works well. My only gripe is that since the forks are so far forward of the lift point, this severely limits your capacity. Then again, the one that bolts directly to the pins adds over 100 pounds. So its all a compromise I guess...

I find the lifting capacity of the BX is little anyways, and often wish I had a bigger loader. I was surprised when my BX did this the other nignt...even though it was the "curl" cylinder that took the wheels off the ground...

I have a set of clamp on forks for the bucket and find them to be a waste as far as lift capacity. So I wonder how much better the BXpanded forks would be for me.
    Matt

BX 24

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B1750

On my B1750 with the KBF200 loader I made a set of forks. I made them a bit too light, but they weigh less than the bucket.

If the BX loader takes about 250Kg / 550lbs, a 100Kg / 220lbs set of forks gives you a 150Kg / 330lbs payload - it does not matter that the forks may lift five times that.

I will take some photos later and post them - I am using it at the moment to fill and move some quarter ton dumpy bags of wood - which the forks are doing nicely.

J

Tractor
    2011 Kubota B3000

I have a set of clamp on forks for the bucket and find them to be a waste as far as lift capacity. So I wonder how much better the BXpanded forks would be for me.
    Honestly, since they are using the edge of the bucket as the "pivot" so to speak, I dont think you will see any difference. This not only kills lifting capacity, but makes the load very unstable. I have about a 500 pound ballast. I tried to unload my new landpride RCR1548 out of my truck last night and my tractor with the forks didnt even touch it. Take that how you will.

I am not knocking bxpanded forks. They do work great in the right situation. There attach mechanism is very convenient and I think superior to the clamp on style. I just dont think the BX is really the machine to use forks.
    2011 Kubota B3000HSDCC, QA FEL, QA forks, 72"mmm, LP RCR1548 Rotory Mower, Ballast box, 72" front kubota hydraulic blade.

1997 JD 345, 54" deck, Snowblower

Tractor
    New Holland TN 65

Those Micro Pallet Forks on the link are for Mini-Skid-Steer loaders and have the mini quick attach. Not made for Kubota loaders. How much does your bucket weigh? Those Construction Attachments compact forks only weigh 220 lbs. Could you tell us more about your tractor and loader?

Mick

New Holland TN 65 w/ FEL
    Construction Attachments Pallet Forks
    74" Sigma Tiller
    Old Two Bottom Plow

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I have a set of BX expanded forks also and the BX is pretty limited with them on. I've tried to move some logs and it just wasn't going to happen, they were too big. I imagine the forks the OP listed would be a little better since it moves the lift point back, but still not great. The forks are great for moving brush. You can stack and huge amount of brush on the front of a BX with pallet forks on.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I looked at that site Just2quickz28. It looks well built, very handy and safer way of moving stuff. However lets do the math.

On my BX24 the bucket weights 132 lbs. The product weights 220lbs. The loader is speced to lift 235 lbs. 132-220=88lbs difference. so 235-88= 147lbs of "speced" lift capacity. Now, we all know that the BX can handle much more then that, we all done it . But ~150lbs is not much considering the weight of pallet and stuff on it. what you gonna move? few bags of salt/cement/sand/pellets?

For amount of time to pull pins and remove bucket, drive over to forks and fiddle lining it up and connect, its faster to throw stuff in the bucket and move.

Unless you need a 4 ft wide forklift at home, there no point of using the HD forklift for the average homeowner. I'd rather use the bxpanded forks, much faster to mount/unmount.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast