BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Tilled my brothers garden and moved some dirt and then tilled my neighbors garden and then moved some more dirt and then got the new BX25 out and took some side beside pictures. Noticed the BX25 runs smoother and quieter and the accelerator lever on the BX2660 is really stiff compared to the BX25. Also fuel guage still not functioning correctly on BX2660.

Attachments

• P1060455.jpg
    P1060455.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 662
  • P1060456.jpg
    P1060456.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 607
  • P1060458.jpg
    P1060458.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 550
  • P1060459.jpg
    P1060459.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 470
  • P1060460.jpg
    P1060460.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 488
  • P1060462.jpg
    P1060462.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 390
  • P1060463.jpg
    P1060463.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 342
  • P1060464.jpg
    P1060464.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 268
  • P1060465.jpg
    P1060465.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 292
  • P1060468.jpg
    P1060468.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 210
  • P1060467.jpg
    P1060467.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 253
  • P1060469.jpg
    P1060469.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 215
  • P1060471.jpg
    P1060471.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 594
   / BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #2  
What are your thoughts and preference between the two tire tread types.

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES
What are your thoughts and preference between the two tire tread types.
I've always gotten R/I's for B's and L which I use/used mostly for FEL work and Turf on my BX's for mowing. This winter for the first time I've used my tractor for scraping snow with FEL and the Turfs did fantastic. Didn't try any tractor with I/R tires so don't know if they would have done better or worse than the Turfs. The I/R's have stronger side wall is why I preferred them over turf but I had front bucket loaded to capacity weight and volume today on BX2660 with red clay and the turfs did fine. I also drove it from top of the hill to the bottom and across rough yard. I have BX25 just for FEL and BH use is why I got I/R's on it.

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #4  
Fantastic Pictures! :thumbsup:
I am considering those two BX's and about to test the BX25 (when snow clears) on my 4 acres. My slopes are severe but I have no turf (no MMM planned) and focus is tilling, path/parking area grading & snow removal and small tree/blackberry bush removal. Any suggestions or guidance?
Thank You for ALL your great posts! :D

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #5  
I don't know how they option out the newer Kubotas but a friend has an older Kubota without MMM and it did not come with a centre forward facing PTO. Not even sure if you need the forward facing PTO for a front mount snowblower, but if its in your plans that centre PTO might be handy to order?

Fantastic Pictures! :thumbsup:
I am considering those two BX's and about to test the BX25 (when snow clears) on my 4 acres. My slopes are severe but I have no turf (no MMM planned) and focus is tilling, path/parking area grading & snow removal and small tree/blackberry bush removal. Any suggestions or guidance?
Thank You for ALL your great posts! :D

I just bought the BX25 which comes with the BH for my rental property that has 6 septic tanks. I'm not saying I couldn't have used a BH during the 6 years I've spent working/landscaping my home property but I never bought one because I didn't feel I'd get the value out of the cost. I may have been wrong, I don't know. I sit around now trying to think of what I can do with the BH before I move the BX25 to my rental property and am coming up with very little but a few things. I could probably do what I've come up with using the FEL on my BX2660 but will be easier with the BH. The BH makes the BX more unstable on hillsides, I believe. Those hillside owners of BX's that have also owned none BH BX's to give a "used it/actual experience" comparison chip in their 2 cents. I guess my point is that the BX2360, maybe even the BX 1860 and the BX2660 will do all the jobs you've listed easily and be more stable without the BH, and I know which can be taken off and put back on easily. If your sold on the BH and feel you have needs for it not listed, by all means go for the BX25. I also look at my "planned" projects, which changes with time and because of other projects and a wandering mind. I then decide if it's something that can be done by an expert with the right equipment at a reasonable cost and in 2 hours when it would take me 2 days. I'm not adverse to hiring out big jobs to more experienced people. I haven't done that in years but I'm actually waiting on a man to return from his wintering in Florida to do a project for me that will open up more of my property so I can keep doing "stuff" with what I have. Hope this helps, I guess I have to give a "reason" for clarification rather than just say (as LB just get ....) get the BX25.:)

I don't know how they option out the newer Kubotas but a friend has an older Kubota without MMM and it did not come with a centre forward facing PTO. Not even sure if you need the forward facing PTO for a front mount snowblower, but if its in your plans that centre PTO might be handy to order?
I believe all BX's come with mid PTO.

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #8  
I have a BX-42 with the backhoe, and I'm glad that I do have it. The rain last summer had me out doing a LOT of trenching, and there is no way I could have done all of it with the FEL. One section went straight through a fairly heavily wooded area where I could not have side-cut a trench with the FEL, but the 12" BH bucket got the water moving.

I also use it for rock removal with the optional thumb. I'm not a big guy, and I prefer machinery to sweat when it comes to removing rocks that weigh a lot more than I do. Yes, I do use the FEL for the rocks once they're on the surface, but the BH does a nice job without making the hole bigger than necessary.

The only downside to a BH is storage when it's not in use. My barn has a dirt floor, so the cradle won't roll out of the way...

My 2-bits.

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #9  
ayelvington- bx-42? never heard of it .:laughing: I know its a typo, you have bx24 justs like me :p. I know how you feel about cradle won't work on floor. I been thinking about that myself, since I have a gravel floor in my garage for BX. OH- what to do!

JT, have you thought about loading your rears of the BX25 for the hillsides? I like to take my BH off not due to the higher gravity issue, but the bottom plate possbile hangup of the BH on the hillside.

/ BX25 BX2660 SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES #10  
Great input! I did forget to mention my wife loves rocks and she has requested waterfall rapids in the 6 brooks crossing the property and rock terrace walls on her hillside gardens. Many paths need rock removal and drains/water/power need to be buried. Small trees need clearing and my woodworking can use lumber handling. Other than that I can not come up with any needs ... oh wait ... need to dig up gravel for the road, expose those boulders for the wife ... Maybe I just buy the BX25! :D

I agree with using outside help, in fact, our access road will still be plowed by brothers that constructed the road in 1972 and also do any major land changes including provide my gravel needs. Our access road rises 500+ feet from the town road.

Thanks for the very thoughtful input!

Last edited: