thumb needed for B26 and B21

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #1  

svitale

I have been in search of a mechanical thumb for either my B26 or my B21 (both Kubota). I may resort to dusting the welder off and just building one. Anyone able to save me the effort by selling one that fits. I do not want to buy any universal one that requires welding to the boom or that will not fit the pin spacing. I am looking for a pure bolt on type of unit.
Steve.

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #2  
Steve, welcome to the forum. I have had a B21 for the last 10 years and have been a member here for about as long. I can't remember ever hearing of a " bolt on uint" for my tractor. Everything that has ever come up has required welding to the boom. Maybe it is my misunderstanding of what you mean.

For some of the sub-compacts there are thumbs that attach with heavy "U" bolts. I haven't seen them for tractors like the B26 or B21. I think they just have to much hydraulic power to make that work. After all, you don't see any yellow equipment that has a thumb bolted on.

MarkV

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #3  
Sorry Steve, I rethought what I had said above. My understanding is that there are mounts on the B26 for a factory thumb. So a bolt on may be available for that tractor. I don't think you will find it from anyplace beside Kubota. It is a fairly new model and targeted towards a specialty market. I do not know of anything like that for the B21. It did not come with any thumb mounts from the factory. Let me know if you find one though.

MarkV

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #4  
Check with Michigan Iron. I'll bet he can help. I have run questions past him, he is always very helpful. Good Luck.

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #5  
B21 here as well. I have been unsuccessful in locating a thumb "kit" for it. My guess is even said kit will require welding as mentioned the brackets just arent there.

Give us an update if you find something, or some pics if you fab it up :D

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #6  
thumb3.jpgsvital,
This is a Kubota mechanical thumb, they can be bought at Kubota dealers, that's where i bought mine. Around $400. I believe It's call a 6 position thumb.
DevilDog

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #7  
Oh sorry, If you have a welded ear on your boom, this just bolts on along with longer pins for the bucket.
DevilDog

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #8  
Steve,

I found a "Bro-Tek" bolt-on thumb for my B21. The company website shows a picture of it mounted to a B21. It's on my wish list for now. Below is a recent communication I received from the seller. Good Luck.

I would like to first thank you, for your interest in our products.

Check out our web site Bro-Tek: Tractor Add Ons you can directly download the installation manuals from the web site.Web site is still under construction, but same manual for the BX applies to the B21. Check out the attach photo.
These manuals should help answer most of your questions, if not, please feel free to email me.

I can sell the thumb direct to you with Pay-Pal for $390US (Standard Shipping & Handling is included in price, anywhere in the USA). Note: Standard delivery is 15 business days (3-4weeks) This deal can be ship Express delivery 5-8 business Days (1-2weeks) for an added $35US.Note: The Top-Link is not included for the Thumb (most people use the factory one) please add $35, for a new Top-Link. I have the Thumb is normally in stock & can have it ship the next day. I do have now a ripper tooth for the B21/BT751 & can sell you a combo deal for $720 S&H included. I can have these ready to be ship, by next week.Add $140 for the plow option on the Ripper.
If you decide to purchase, please reply to confirm your Telephone #, full delivery address (**Shipping is Via the post office, if there?s a PO Box # required, please indicate), tractor model #.

Once I?ve received your information, I will send you, a Pay-Pal request for the amount to your email address.

Pay-Pal will take you through the step by steps to create your account, should take 5 minutes to setup (easy to setup).

Most comments on Pay-Pal are: Paypal was easier than I thought

All the info is on the web, Pay-Pal is used all the time to buy/sell on eBay.

If there are any more questions, please ask away.

Thanks again,

Richard/ Bro-Tek@hotmail.com

/ thumb needed for B26 and B21 #9  
Sure enough the pdf file shows a nice picture on a b21 (almost at the bottom). Looks like I will add this to wish list also. Looks like a nice piece... Thx for the info. :D

Feel like I learn something new everytime I get on this site...

Last edited: