Miss my RatchetRake

/ Miss my RatchetRake #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
When I purchased my RatchetRake last year I got one for my B3200. Well, the B3200 is gone and I still have a BX or 2 but no RatchetRake to fit my BX's. I cut a tree down and pushed it over to my burn pile so all these small limbs, twigs, bark and small pieces of wood are all over the yard where the tree fell. I can pick them up but since I've called RatchetRake and told them to send me one for my BX I'll wait till my new one comes. I also filled a ditch to keep it from washing deeper and to make driving across my yard smoother when mowing and I need the RatchetRake to back drag and smooth it out. I did talk to Dorothy at RatchetRake yesterday and told her I wanted one for my BX and told her I had the big one left from my B3200 sale. I hinted that maybe she could steer a buyer my direction for it. She said she would, she takes a hint well.:) A man called this morning from about 60 miles from me and told me Dorothy had given him my number and name as being someone that had a big RatchetRake for sale. I told him it was so, he said he'd take it and pick it up this weekend or before. Now that's how Companys grow and stay in business and prosper. They are truly a customer oriented company. I Love Dorothy at RatchetRake!!!:) I quite obviously like RatchetRake or I wouldn't be ordering another one. I also bought one before they added the sleeve for the connector strap and one day in my mail was the sleeves. They then later added wire cables in addition/option to straps and lo and behold one day in my mail was a set of cables. This company (RatchetRake) is incredible and I'm the one that was the Devils advocate about ordering from a company that it seemed no one had heard of last year. Forgive me my sins RatchetRake.:) My twigs, branches and debris and unlevel filled ditch is awaiting my new RatchetRake.:) I thought about not mentioning the companys name so no one will steal my identity but what the hay, I'm just going to take my chances.:D

/ Miss my RatchetRake #2  
used mine a couple days ago on my bx. not only does it work but it's fun... although i did clip the cleanout cap on the sewer line but atleast i know where it is now.
steve
bx25

/ Miss my RatchetRake
I rec'd a PM from a fellow tractorer that said I should maybe hawk/advertise for them. That they had been rebuked for adding links to their product that they are selling to make money. This is a copy of my reply to them.
I guess you see the difference. I don't have any products to hawk. I don't get any money for expressing my dissatisfaction or satisfaction with a product or seller to other individuals that may have an interest in a product or a place to buy it. Guess you do, which would sort of be like you trying to get free advertising.:) What is your product, I'm asking you to tell me, see the difference? Maybe I need what your selling.

This being a tractor forum where tractor owners/potential tractor owners have an interest in tractors, tractor products and where/how and who to buy from I don't see any ptoblem with expressing my dissatisfaction/satisfaction with a product or a vendor. No Moderator has ever reprimanded me for doing this. Maybe I go beyond saying "I liked it" "I didn't like it" "They are in the mid west" "They are on the east coast" "They gave me a good deal" OK, so I say who "They" are. If I'm hunting/buying I want to know where and from whom to buy or not buy. Also, some on this board have been here for years and can see I mention products and people often and probably give one of these "Oh, no here he goes again with a dealer or product, good or bad". There are new people coming and going constantly on this board that have never read/heard what was posted yesterday or the many days before so they are in the dark and are coming to this forum to see the "Orange" tractor light.:) Some don't know what to look for to do searches and if searching was the way to learn on this forum it would eventually die because almost everything has been covered at some point in time in the past. If you see my name as a poster and don't want to read my opinions, just skip it, I assure you I won't be offended.:thumbsup:

/ Miss my RatchetRake
Oops! I'm sorry. By the time I got from the telephone to the computer my mind slipped. Her name is Barbara and not Dorothy. They are a great company to deal with and RatchetRake makes a great product.

/ Miss my RatchetRake #5  
Prepare us JohnThomas...let us know now how many models of Ratchetrakes there are so we know how many you will end up buying...I think you have bought the whole of the Kubota line so this is a new chapter and I want to be prepared...Thanks

/ Miss my RatchetRake
Prepare us JohnThomas...let us know now how many models of Ratchetrakes there are so we know how many you will end up buying...I think you have bought the whole of the Kubota line so this is a new chapter and I want to be prepared...Thanks
There are 2 models. The bigger one that fit on my "old" B3200 60" bucket and the smaller one that is going to fit on my BX2660/BX25 buckets.:) The "old" one that fit on my 60" bucket has now found itself a new home in Burkesville, Ky and my new one that will fit my BX's should be traveling to Somerset, Ky next week.:) Now to get rid of my extra set of Pat's QA's and I'll be set for summer and maybe have a little extra cash to buy a bologna sandwich, a "pop" and maybe a moonpie.:licking:

/ Miss my RatchetRake
Good news and bad news. Good news is my RatchetRake is in the "mail" and should be here tomorrow. Bad news, maybe, is they can't be ordered direct anymore. Tractor Supply has distribution rights now in some states with other states being added later. So, good news for those that have a TSC that will have them soon and bad news for those who's TSC's are not on board yet. Maybe it will be able to be ordered online TSC with local store free shipping pickup, just ask your local TSC or check TSC on line. I'm really glad I got maybe the last one shipped direct. Will that make it a collectors item? I hope not because you can't use collector item stuff or it looses it's value but I'm going to use it. I have jobs waiting on its arrival.

/ Miss my RatchetRake #8  
Good news and bad news. Good news is my RatchetRake is in the "mail" and should be here tomorrow. Bad news, maybe, is they can't be ordered direct anymore. Tractor Supply has distribution rights now in some states with other states being added later. So, good news for those that have a TSC that will have them soon and bad news for those who's TSC's are not on board yet. Maybe it will be able to be ordered online TSC with local store free shipping pickup, just ask your local TSC or check TSC on line. I'm really glad I got maybe the last one shipped direct. Will that make it a collectors item? I hope not because you can't use collector item stuff or it looses it's value but I'm going to use it. I have jobs waiting on its arrival.

Dam*! I been waiting for Spring to order one. I figured why spend the $$ now when I won't need it for 2 months. I'm in CT, so who knows when TSC will have them here and for how much. My guess is the price is going up as TSC will want a fat margin. I did send an e-mail to RR asking how to buy one in CT.

/ Miss my RatchetRake #9  
There are 2 models. The bigger one that fit on my "old" B3200 60" bucket and the smaller one that is going to fit on my BX2660/BX25 buckets.:) The "old" one that fit on my 60" bucket has now found itself a new home in Burkesville, Ky and my new one that will fit my BX's should be traveling to Somerset, Ky next week.:) Now to get rid of my extra set of Pat's QA's and I'll be set for summer and maybe have a little extra cash to buy a bologna sandwich, a "pop" and maybe a moonpie.:licking:

Question John...If I added a tooth bar to my FEL would that not be almost as good as a ratchet rake ? I was going to buy one last fall but got to looking at my Privet infestation and decided it was way too much for me even with a ratchet rake so I hired a mulcher and it took them about 20 hrs with a 100hp mulcher to get all the old growth privet hedge..some 16 feet high chipped up..so now I was thinking a toot bar on my FEL might be great to handle re growth...What do you think ?

/ Miss my RatchetRake
Question John...If I added a tooth bar to my FEL would that not be almost as good as a ratchet rake ? I was going to buy one last fall but got to looking at my Privet infestation and decided it was way too much for me even with a ratchet rake so I hired a mulcher and it took them about 20 hrs with a 100hp mulcher to get all the old growth privet hedge..some 16 feet high chipped up..so now I was thinking a toot bar on my FEL might be great to handle re growth...What do you think ?

Here are pictures of a dismounted toothbar on top of the boxblade. I think the RatchetRake would do better unless your ground is sand where the toothbar could sink easily into the ground and under the root. I use my RatchetRake for back dragging to level ground for grass seed or just to have a finish grade leveled spot and use the lower fine teeth, I don't think I've ever done anything with the big forward facing teeth. I think those that have used the forward facing teeth use them for cleaning out brush. For me the toothbar hasn't been of much value. Others swear by them. I sold this one to my neighbor, I didn't use it, he didn't use it so I bought it back from him so I can sell it again and hopefully it will land with someone that can use it.

Attachments

• P1060478.jpg
    P1060478.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 312
  • P1060479.jpg
    P1060479.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 196
  • P1060480.jpg
    P1060480.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 173
  • P1060481.jpg
    P1060481.jpg