BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix???

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #1  

fierbyrd

I wasn't payin enough attention and bent the lower edge of the loader bucket down about 1.5" in the center, can't seem to get it back to straight. Any suggestions??

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #2  
Take the bucket off, turn upside down, block under each end and swing the 12 pound sledgehammer.

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #3  
Take the bucket off, turn upside down, block under each end and swing the 12 pound sledgehammer.

exactly.

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #5  
Put a 2x4 on edge and place bucket edge on it and lift tractor up and see if it moves ( I don't think it will but its worth the try).

Put apiece of angle on the top back of the bucket take a decent pipe clamp from there to the center of the cutting edge and crank her up.
Over bend it a little because it will spring back.

tom

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #6  
Load the bucket with heavy material then carefully lower the bucket on the 2x4 mentioned above?

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #7  
The BX is too light to use its own weight to bend the bucket back. Even with extra weight in the bucket. Either use a hammer or heat torch

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #8  
I wasn't payin enough attention and bent the lower edge of the loader bucket down about 1.5" in the center, can't seem to get it back to straight. Any suggestions??

I use a hyd jack, chains, and an I-beam. A wooden beam would work, too.

I have also tried adding heat with an OA torch with rosebud tip.

One trick that I learned straightening motorcycle frames is to apply some
bending force, then whack it with a sledgehammer to get the bend to
set, rather than just springing back.

Attachments

• l_4n1_bending.JPG
    l_4n1_bending.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,518
   / BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #9  
I straightened mine using the hydraulic jack chain and 6 by 6 wood beam took a few tries but is much better now. Still have about a 1/2 " drop in the center of the bucket but can live with that for now. The other option would be to cut off the cutting edge and replace it .

/ BX23 Bent loader Bucket Howto Fix??? #10  
Fierbyrd, Just what were you doing that caused the bucket to bend? A BX23 is not that heavy a tractor, was speed involved?