Tubes in tires

/ Tubes in tires #2  
Firstly, I think the rim will determine whether tubeless tyres can be used.

A few thoughts in favours of tubes vs tubeless:

1) you can fill tubes with sealant (e.g. OKO) that will seal over smaller punctures

2) if you fill tyre with a water-based weighting compound tubes protect rims against rust

3) if you fit a kevlar tyre liner (again to reduce punctures) the tube holds it in place against the tyre.

I am sure someone will tell you loads of things in favour of tubeless.

J

/ Tubes in tires #3  
A tubeless tyre usually deflates slowly and can often be refilled with air or easily repaired with a plug without removing the tyre. A tubed tyre will often deflate very rapidly and often cannot be reinflated without removing the tyre and repairing the tube. So basically a puncture in a tubed tyre is more likely to leave you stranded somewhere.

/ Tubes in tires #4  
being a fairly new tractor person thats still learning, whats the pros/cons of putting tubes in tires verses not?

If you have a tubeless tire that is holding air, then leave it alone. If you have a tubeless tire that won't hold air, then put a tube in it if the valve stem is OK and not the source of air loss. I had a none filled front tire that kept leaking air. I put a tube in it and it stopped leaking air and was never a problem.i

/ Tubes in tires #5  
Over time I've put tubes in every tire you see in my av...couldn't be happier.

I dunno why but tubeless tires don't hold up for the test of time on off road vehicles...at least with us they don't.

/ Tubes in tires #6  
I have a G1800 and I've tubed all the tires. Although the tires aren't worn, exposure to the sun had degraded the rubber over the years so I was getting slow leaks. Since the tread was still good, and it's a low speed application, I decided to insert tubes. I haven't had a leak since then and I'm really happy with the outcome. :)

I may do the same to the front tires on my B26. The bead on left front tire has broken twice, likely from a combination of low tire pressure and the turning force on the tire when manouvering on soft ground. I'm now keeping a close eye on the tire pressure and I've been lucky the rim wasn't damaged. The tractor is so powerful that unless you actually see the deflated tire it isn't immediately obvious it's flat. :mad:

/ Tubes in tires #7  
I agree with what was said. If it's not leaking, leave it alone. If you have a leak that you can't stop, then put in a tube.

But if you get a flat with a tube, it won't be as easy to fix. You can't plug a leak in a tube, it has to be taken apart and fixed. NOT a simple task with larger tractor tires!

Ken