G Series Lawn Tractor

/ G Series Lawn Tractor #1  

REX

Tractor
Kubota/4610
I currently have a L4610 and in the market for a lawn and garden tractor. I am so pleased with my 4610, that I thought I would look at the Kubota G series. I've looked at the BX series, and they are too much overkill for my purposes, besides, my wife it going to use this almost exclusively. Has anyone had any experience with the G2160/diesel, or the G2160/R48s(wht the rear bag direct shoot material collection system). My wife is excited about the new JD x series, but I've been trying to convince her to stick with Kubota. I've also heard that Kubota is going to introduce a smaller frame BX series with 15 hp during their owners meeting in Salt Lake in early September. If anyone has information on this new BX, or new products line, or changes to the G Series in the next year, it would be greatly appriciated. When spending this kind of $$$ on a lawn tractor, I want the decision to be the right one, no matter the color.

/ G Series Lawn Tractor #2  
I have a B7300 that I use for brush hogging, etc., and I love it. Too big for you, yes. I also have a JD LX277 which I use for my lawn (and is considered my wife's tractor). When we were looking we were in a similar predicament, although we would have loved to pick up a BX.

My dealer sells both orange and green and I think he is a pretty straight shooter. His advice was that considering that we couldn't afford to go to a BX (with 4WD and the other things that make it what it is) he has found that the JD mowers are a better price / performance value over the smaller Kubotas. This scenario changes when you get into the bigger tractors - at that point he feels that the Kubota becomes the better bang for the buck.

Anyway, I bought his reasoning and got the JD mower. It is a very good tractor. Keep us posted as to what you get and how you like it....Chris

/ G Series Lawn Tractor #3  
Rex,We also have an L4610,great tractor.We have a G1900S/60" deck.This is the previous model of todays G-Series.It is a fine mowing machine,the all wheel steer makes it very handy for trimming.We also have a BX 2200 (my wifes tractor) To my notion the BX is the best all around machine for any job,especially mowing.The BX has a Bagging System that works great,it's driven by the rear P.T.O. and attatched to the lower 3-point arms.
My wife will always pick the BX over the G when it's time to mow,it rides,steers and handles like a dream.
I would wait if I were you to see if there is going to be a 2-wheel drive,smaller H.P. BX coming out.There is another thread on that subject.I think it would be a serious lawn tractor,that probably won't cost much more than the current
G-Series.