Slow moving 482Kubota FEL

/ Slow moving 482Kubota FEL #1  

centell

Bronze Member
Tractor
3010 Kubota with 482 frt loader
I been owning the 3010 GST tractor about five weeks now. Lately i have been noticing the fel bucket is slow going up. I have to bring rpms up at a very fast idle to make bucket raise whether it is empty or loaded. It seems like this started over the weekend. Going down or curling the bucket seems to be alright. I have 65hrs. on it now and going to do the first service job on it tomorrow. Hopefully changing the hydro oil and filter will correct it. If not would any one have suggestion of what the problem might be. I forgot to mention the oil level was ok. Thanks if you can help

/ Slow moving 482Kubota FEL #2  
I wish mine would slow down. I wonder why they don't have an adjustment like the 3 point hitch does?

I would tell the service manager so they can check everything as long as it is going in for service. Probably wouldn't hurt to drop by the dealer when they are finished to check it out before it comes home. May save a trip and a lot of worry.

GS

/ Slow moving 482Kubota FEL #3  
Centell,

This may not be connected but...

I have noted wierd behaviour from the FEL when the 3 pt hitch is up against the top stop. I think it causes the pressure relief valve to open, dropping pressure available for the FEL to operate. Try moving the control for the 3 pt down to 6-7 and see if that makes a difference. If it does, have the dealer correct it.

John Bud

/ Slow moving 482Kubota FEL
I forgot to mention, i will be finishing the service job myself today. I almost fell on my back yesterday when i walked in the dealership and bought the hydro oil, engine oil and two filters. I walked out $141.00 short. I mention the problem with the fel. They mention it could maybe a piece of metal behind a valve or a hose not plugged all the way in. I did not mention that i had started doing the service job late yesterday afternoon but was sold the wrong filter for the hydro unit. Will go back and exchange filter today. Hopefully changing oil and filter might help. Mention problem to dealer. Dealer told me to bring it in if problem not solved. Trying to stay away from dealer if i can fix problem myself. Was hoping it might only be an adjustment some place on it. Rear 3 pt. works great. Will know more by this afternoon once i finish serviceing it. Any other clues maybe would help. Thanks

John Bud, thanks for the reply. I will be checking the lift point also. Doing service job myself after work today. Was sold wrong hydro filter yesterday. Could not finish the job. I appreciate everyones help. Trying to stay away from dealer. I know it is in warranty. If i cannot fix i will have to trailer it in and can't find the time to do it and will be out of town next week. Just trying to get another good weekend on it before leaving.

Just got the tractor back Saturday morning from the dealer. Droped it there monday morning then was out of town for the week. All the mechanic did was turn a screw clockwise one half round on a little valve underneath right fender of tractor. He tells me when you remove fel loader you are supposed to turn the screw counter clockwise one half round to give the 3 ph more power or maybe it was to keep the hyd. oil from going to the controls. I had never removed the fel and still wondering how adjustment screw turned left by itself. But anyway it now seems that I have almost to much speed going up. I have to be careful. It now wants to almost run away with a loaded bucket going up. Its funny fel manual does not mention adjustments and trouble shooting a fel. James

/ Slow moving 482Kubota FEL #7  
OK guys, get used to it. There have been prior posts re. the LA 482 loader (check them, there's little new on this forum). First off, the bolt on the joystick control, going into the center piston (of 3), tends to "back out" (i.e., loosen), and you should check such, and if loose, screw it back in after applying medium strength "lock-tite". If that is not the problem, you can adjust (screw in or out 1/4 turn at a time) the adjustment screw (take off the housing over the pistons to see it) on the center piston (that's the up/down control) to alter the speed (the right piston, as you sit in the tractor, is the curl control). There are other adjustments for the hydraulics on the tractor, but most (on this forum) have had problems with the 2 (of 3 - the last being a 'blank' unless you've a 4 in 1 bucket or a rear hydraulic take-off) pistons connected to the joystick. Good luck - lots of us have had to figure this problem out - in mine, the loader would drop quickly, but raise very slowly - yours may be different, but the problem (aside from a general hydraulic glitch) tends to be in that FEL control. Good luck. PS - my 3410 worked perfectly until about 80 hours, and it still does, once I figured out the FEL foibles.

Cisco thanks for the reply. If I do run into additional problems later I will know what to look for. After the mechanic turned the little screw 1/4 round everthing working right again. Thank You again.

/ Slow moving 482Kubota FEL #9  
$141 for two filter, hydro fluid and motor oil, you musta bought a lot of motor oil and fluid.

Yes the charge was $141.00. But it turn out that they had sold me the wrong trans. filter. I was sold a filter for a hydrostatic trans. instead of a gst. trans. I had to return it the next day and it seems like i was issue a credit of around thirty dollars. Can't remember exactly what the credit was. I also had overbought four qts of hydro fluid. So I am guessing cost would have been around one hundred dollars. Well now she is all serviced and ready to roll. Sure glad these service jobs don't come too often. But in the future i probably will be getting away from these fancy dealer prices and will start buying good aftermarket brands.