plows

/ plows #1  

DCNKY

I have a Kubota L3450DT 4wd 30hp 1993. Will it handle a two blade bottom plow 14"

/ plows #2  
I pulled a 14" 2-bottom plow with my old B7800. Even with filled tires it was marginal. Not a power issue as much as an overall lack weight causing tire slippage. IMHO you would be better of with a 12" 2-bottom.:confused:

/ plows #3  
I figure about 20 HP per bottom. Weight of the tractor makes a difference so loaded tires, FEL filled with dirt, a low gear, and 4WD might make it work if the plow is not set too deeply.

Agree with tdan300 that a 12" might be more suitable but we don't always have such an option. You go with what you have.

/ plows #4  
I believe you will need R-1 tires (ag) unless the R-4's you might have are very narrow.
A lot more to plowing than some think. :)

/ plows #5  
It all depends on the soil, in garden dirt it wouldn't have a problem, in tough clay I would say its beyond the capabilities of that tractor. We pull a 14" two-bottom plow with an IH 454 Diesel tractor which is 40 pto HP and weighs about 5000lbs. In tough clay its all that tractor will handle. 4wd will help, but not as much as you would think since you're really loading the rear tires hard with a 3pt mounted plow.

/ plows #6  
It depends on the ground you are plowing. 30hp should be enough but the weight of your tractor is a little light for plowing. Add all the weight you can find wheel weights fill the rear tires and all other weight you can add to your tractor. If you start to spin a little just lift the plow an inch or so and drop it when you get through the rough spot. also use your brakes to slow down the wheel that is spinning and transfer power to the other rear wheel.