3-Point Hitch B21 top link and lift arm questions

/ B21 top link and lift arm questions #1  

Leozepolusa

Tractor
Kubota B21 & L47 TLB
Hello,

I am trying to use my B21's three point hitch for the first time. I bought an after market top link from Tractor Supply that I tried to use this morning when I noticed the space between the top link brackets on my B21 is about 1/8" narrower than the top link's ball joint. Needless to say, it dosen't fit. Has anyone experienced and solved this problem? Should I just shave the top link ball joint down to size?

I also noticed the Kubota original lifting rods have 3/4" pins for the lower lift arm connection, but the original lower lift arms have 1/2" holes for those same pins. Is it normal to have 1/4" of play at this connection?

Thanks for any help.

/ B21 top link and lift arm questions #2  
No, this is not normal. BTW, is your B21 CAT 1 or 0? My bet is 0 and you are using CAT1 hardware.

/ B21 top link and lift arm questions
It's all category 1.

/ B21 top link and lift arm questions #4  
This is pretty common on some Kubotas. Basically all you have to do is gring 1/16" off both edges of the top link to make it fit.

/ B21 top link and lift arm questions #5  
If you are interested in getting the official Kubota parts, there is a 3 point hitch kit for the B26 that will fit the B21 and costs about half the price of ordering the B21 parts individually. The 3 point kits part number is B3941.

/ B21 top link and lift arm questions
I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem. Apparently the guy I bought the tractor from must have drilled out the Kubota lift rod forks from 1/2 inch out to 3/4" to work with after market lift arms he sold with the tractor. When I bought the Kubota OEM lift arms the mis-match surfaced. I guess I have a choice to make; weld bushings in the forks, drill out the OEM lift arms to 3/4", or do nothing and not worry about the 1/4" play at the lift rod pins.

Thanks for the responses.