BX exhaust exit options?

/ BX exhaust exit options? #1  

Jabroni

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
My BX24 arrived with the little exhaust tip point back towards the rear. This got soot on the cowling. This past week after a thorough soaking in PB Blaster, I freed the tip and pointed it forward. Now it's getting soot on the brush guard. I'm thinking a chrome stack would look great , and would be functional at the same time. Does anyone have a How-To on any other exit options that would soot and heat away from the tractor?

/ BX exhaust exit options? #2  
Mine is pointed right at the FEL and it gets soot on FEL. aggravating. I been thinking of making a attachment to go straight down to rail. Missouri thunder made one with chrome stack going up. Another added a heat resistant pvc pipe going down some- can't remember who did. aczlan? achinbac? something like that.

/ BX exhaust exit options? #3  
I've got the same problem as Radioman, soot on the loader. I'm thinking of installing an exhaust elbow and directing the exhaust 90 degrees to the ground. Should be able to find one at the local parts store.

/ BX exhaust exit options? #4  
i,d like put a stack exhaust on my bx24

/ BX exhaust exit options? #8  
Yeah, I'm saving for an exhaust stack (soon as I pay off my "spinners") :D

/ BX exhaust exit options? #9  
Not sure if this would be an issue with the BX but I know the old 8N Fords had a bad habit of starting grass fires with the bottom exhaust. Another problem was they would get pinched or bent if driving over and solid oblect.

If you point them up the pipe should be higher than your head to reduce the noise level and they now become another object for tree branches to tear off.

Roy

/ BX exhaust exit options? #10  
Not sure if this would be an issue with the BX but I know the old 8N Fords had a bad habit of starting grass fires with the bottom exhaust. Another problem was they would get pinched or bent if driving over and solid oblect.

If you point them up the pipe should be higher than your head to reduce the noise level and they now become another object for tree branches to tear off.

Roy

Yep, one of my sons broke the stack on our CX80 on a tree limb.