extending 3 PH lift arms on BX

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
I have a problem with my BX1850 in that the fixed length 3 pt arm does not lower enough for my box blade to touch the ground. I have seen some posts about using log chain to replace the rigid lift link. On my BX if you take the lift link off the main arm wants to twist sideways. I know that when attached to the implement the arm will be kept from twisting but my concern is will this put more wear on the eyelets. Logic says minimal but not sure about my logic..

Any other ideas on how to extend this lift arm. Only need 1 - 1 1/2" increase in length.

Would like a solution like the chain that is reversable.

TIA

Roy

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #2  
I seem to remember a thread in which someone simply moved their attachment points on the box blade.

An expensive option might be to put an adjustable arm on both sides similar to what some with TNT do in that they move the hand adjustable one to the other side when they install the TNT. May not have explained that well.

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #3  
Something is not right. The BX lift arms is about few inches off the ground when lowered all the way. I can't fathom a implement with lift points so low it makes it hard to mount onto the tractor.

perhaps you could look into the pat's easy change, it doesnt lower lift point that much, but it follows the "axis" going towards the ground when lowered all the way so its at a lower point then it is. Its easliy reversable by pulling couple pins. pat's easy change make it easier on old age too for mounting implement like me.:eek:

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #4  
Do you have a picture of the box blade attached to the tractor? Something doesn't sound right there.

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #5  
What bx do you have?
What angle do you have it set for (top link)?

I have a 23 and for my box blade I had to move the a frame braces back further on the blade to get a better angle. the a frame is angled back to the rear of the blade about 2" made for better adjustment of the top link

I also drilled new holes in the lift arms to get it to raise up higher.

I can lower it to the ground with the rippers down and it will stop the tractor.

tom

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX
With my BX sitting on concrete the lift arms are about 10.5" off the ground to the center of the lift eyes in the fully lowered position.

Box Blade is an old Woods BB5 and I have thought above moving the mounting pins on it. This would require some welding of new mounting plates.

Will see if I can get the Box Blade attached before dark tonight and take some pictures. If not tonight tomorrow night for sure. Right now tractor is on blocks and working on a belly plate/ fan cover.

Does anyone know if the upper arms are keyed or splined to the lift shaft. My thoughta are could these possibly be one spline off. Long shot but thought was worth asking the question.

My experience has been with ag tractors is the linkage has never been to short. 100 HP Cat 2 the arms are lower than on this Cat 1.

Roy

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #7  
With my BX sitting on concrete the lift arms are about 10.5" off the ground to the center of the lift eyes in the fully lowered position.

Check your manual to see if it states what this height should be. My tractor lists it at 6.5" with GP/R4 tires. Even with the taller ag tires, it lists 7.1" Upper limit is supposed to be 32"

My CT225 and the BX should be roughly similar in dimensions. Both have about 9" of ground clearance, although the CT is longer and wider. I would expect that to make my TPH higher, rather than lower.

-rus-

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #8  
The parts manual shows they are splined and held to the rock shaft with snap rings.

A dumb question????? I don't have my tractor here but is it possible you have the lift arms on backwards that would move the side link to a different position and geometry???

tom

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #9  
I no longer have the 1850 but am certain the arms went much lower than yours. Open the speed valve and step on the links to see if they will go down any more. The new BX1860 raises higher but also will not drop as low as the 1850.

Most of the bx issues were not lifting high enough.

/ extending 3 PH lift arms on BX #10  
Make sure they are really down all the way. Mine won't lower by themselves if they have no weight/implement on them; sometimes I need to step down on them with the lever in the lower position. Seems too simple but thought I'd mention it.