Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Default extending 3 PH lift arms on BX

I have a problem with my BX1850 in that the fixed length 3 pt arm does not lower enough for my box blade to touch the ground. I have seen some posts about using log chain to replace the rigid lift link. On my BX if you take the lift link off the main arm wants to twist sideways. I know that when attached to the implement the arm will be kept from twisting but my concern is will this put more wear on the eyelets. Logic says minimal but not sure about my logic..

Any other ideas on how to extend this lift arm. Only need 1 - 1 1/2" increase in length.

Would like a solution like the chain that is reversable.

TIA

Roy

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: extending 3 PH lift arms on BX

I seem to remember a thread in which someone simply moved their attachment points on the box blade.

An expensive option might be to put an adjustable arm on both sides similar to what some with TNT do in that they move the hand adjustable one to the other side when they install the TNT. May not have explained that well.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Something is not right. The BX lift arms is about few inches off the ground when lowered all the way. I can't fathom a implement with lift points so low it makes it hard to mount onto the tractor.

perhaps you could look into the pat's easy change, it doesnt lower lift point that much, but it follows the "axis" going towards the ground when lowered all the way so its at a lower point then it is. Its easliy reversable by pulling couple pins. pat's easy change make it easier on old age too for mounting implement like me.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-24D

Do you have a picture of the box blade attached to the tractor? Something doesn't sound right there.
    Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and your neighbors as far away as possible.

Kubota BX-24, Rankin 48" box scraper, Rankin 601 PHD, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, Bro-Tek thumb, Bro-Tek ripper tooth with trencher, Farm Force 60" rake, LandPride RCR-1548 Rotary Cutter.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

What bx do you have?
    What angle do you have it set for (top link)?

I have a 23 and for my box blade I had to move the a frame braces back further on the blade to get a better angle. the a frame is angled back to the rear of the blade about 2" made for better adjustment of the top link

I also drilled new holes in the lift arms to get it to raise up higher.

I can lower it to the ground with the rippers down and it will stop the tractor.

tom
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

With my BX sitting on concrete the lift arms are about 10.5" off the ground to the center of the lift eyes in the fully lowered position.

Box Blade is an old Woods BB5 and I have thought above moving the mounting pins on it. This would require some welding of new mounting plates.

Will see if I can get the Box Blade attached before dark tonight and take some pictures. If not tonight tomorrow night for sure. Right now tractor is on blocks and working on a belly plate/ fan cover.

Does anyone know if the upper arms are keyed or splined to the lift shaft. My thoughta are could these possibly be one spline off. Long shot but thought was worth asking the question.

My experience has been with ag tractors is the linkage has never been to short. 100 HP Cat 2 the arms are lower than on this Cat 1.

Roy

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    With my BX sitting on concrete the lift arms are about 10.5" off the ground to the center of the lift eyes in the fully lowered position.
    Check your manual to see if it states what this height should be. My tractor lists it at 6.5" with GP/R4 tires. Even with the taller ag tires, it lists 7.1" Upper limit is supposed to be 32"

My CT225 and the BX should be roughly similar in dimensions. Both have about 9" of ground clearance, although the CT is longer and wider. I would expect that to make my TPH higher, rather than lower.

-rus-
    --
    Bobcat CT225
    middle buster, three-point forks, chain-on brush forks
    "borrowed" drag & disc stored at my house

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

The parts manual shows they are splined and held to the rock shaft with snap rings.

A dumb question????? I don't have my tractor here but is it possible you have the lift arms on backwards that would move the side link to a different position and geometry???

tom
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

I no longer have the 1850 but am certain the arms went much lower than yours. Open the speed valve and step on the links to see if they will go down any more. The new BX1860 raises higher but also will not drop as low as the 1850.

Most of the bx issues were not lifting high enough.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Gold Member
    Tractor
    B3000HSDCC

Make sure they are really down all the way. Mine won't lower by themselves if they have no weight/implement on them; sometimes I need to step down on them with the lever in the lower position. Seems too simple but thought I'd mention it.
    B3000HSDCC, BH77 backhoe with mechanical thumb, 42" Woods rotary cutter, 6' Woods rear blade, 60" Meteor snowblower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast