B7800 engine kills

/ B7800 engine kills #1  

magicheater

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, B26 TLB
I have had my B7800 for about 9 months now. Probably only 20 hrs. more than when I got it. Was using it today in the garden and it would just kill. Sometimes just a little and sometimes to a stop. It would start right up. Before I get all the manuals out and start the painstaking process of checking all the circuitry I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else. I am thinking it is a safety switch somewhere that is failing intermittently, but really hard to pinpoint an intermittent problem unless you happen to take a reading when it is bad. Not using the power take off, just doing some loader work, Been fine till now. :confused: Any ideas?

/ B7800 engine kills #2  
Probably the switch under the seat from a little corrosion. When mine does it I bounce on the seat and it's good to go. They all seem to do it at times.

/ B7800 engine kills #3  
Pull all connectors under the seat, squirt in some dielectric grease and reconnect them and see if this helps. Later you will/may have problems with it not starting, always move the foot pedal a bit to make sure it's centered. Common problem with the B7800.

/ B7800 engine kills #4  
It sounds as though you baught this used. I would gues that you have the old style seat on this tractor. This seat tends to make you slide forward (mostly if you are on the lighter side) and causes the seat safety switch to do its job. If you do a search on 7800 seat replacement you will see the differance between the seats. The new seat allows you to stay put in the seat. This is my thaught, hope it helps.
Dan

/ B7800 engine kills
Actually I got a replacement seat as part of my "deal", had read about the seats and after sitting on a friends B7800 before I bought mine I was convinced to get a different one. Had the tractor out today and no problems. I exercised the switches a bit and do recall accessing the tool box a few times yesterday which may have had something to do with it. Thanx for the replies, if I do find the root problem I will make sure and give a heads up in case this happens to others.

/ B7800 engine kills
Got tired of the intermittent problem so simply unplugged the seat switch and installed a jumper, now it performs like I want it too, power take off will keep running if I jump off to move something while tilling, etc. or want to stand up and see in front a little better/stretch the legs. Still looking for the schematic, so if anyone has one and wants to share..............

/ B7800 engine kills #7  
Got tired of the intermittent problem so simply unplugged the seat switch and installed a jumper, now it performs like I want it too, power take off will keep running if I jump off to move something while tilling, etc. or want to stand up and see in front a little better/stretch the legs. Still looking for the schematic, so if anyone has one and wants to share..............

I know the safety switches can be frustrating but please keep in mind - They have saved lives and tootsies and fingers.

/ B7800 engine kills #8  
Surely your jumper wire confirms the bad switch?

/ B7800 engine kills #9  
Go here Index of Kubotabooks/ Select tractor parts manuals---B7800HSD, download the PDF file and look at page 61. Not the best but.:eek: