CountyLine Box Blade???

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #1  

rglaser

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2630 & ZD323
I am considering the CountyLine 5 ft box blade for gravel driveway expansion and maintanance, to help with moving a LOT of dirt to make a shooting backstop (scarifiers to loosen before picking up with loader), as well as general use around the property. This will be used with my B2630.

I looked at the landpride BB15 60" model and it looked to be not much more of a box blade for a lot more money. That led me to the Tractor Supply CountyLine model.

CountyLine Box Blade, 5 ft. - 2131645 | Tractor Supply Company

Before making the purchase, I wanted to get the thoughts of the folks here. I really appreciate all the useful info you all provide for new guys at tractoring like me!

Thank you for your time.

-Rob Glaser

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #2  
I have a seven foot Land Pride BB25, but in the model you are looking at I believe the CountyLine will work well for your purposes. I use an LMC on my smaller tractors and it has done everything a more expensive model would have.

The CountyLine I saw looks just like a King Kutter; don't know if it rebranded or from a different manufacturer.

Good luck with your shooting range, that is a LOT of dirt. We are building one now, but it will be commercial in size so we are going to bring in a dozer to finish it.

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #3  
County Line isn't a brand, really, it is TSC's house name. Usually, you can tell if it is King Kutter or what have you. Best of my recollection, the box blade you looked at is indeed a KK. Hard to beat for the money and how much most home owners use one. Although, sometimes one of the other "farm fleet" type stores beat TSC on KK price. Also, TSC is pretty free about coupons at the on line site.

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #4  
I have the 72" box blade from TSC and it has worked great. It is very rugged for the price. Granted, you can get much heavier built ones but at several times the cost. I've abused mine a few times and have never damaged it. In fact, I wonder if the 3ph may break before the box blade.

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #5  
I just bought the 5' CountyLine BB this past Saturday. I had a 15% off on-line only coupon, but you cannot order it on-line. I called my local store and spoke with the manager and he agreed to honor the coupon at the store, so I bought it. Up here in the Northeast, they are made by Tarter Gate. The manager said in his opinion, it is much better than some of their past manufacturers. It looks really solid with nice curved steel blades on the bottom. I put mine on a wood pallet that I screwed in polyurethane casters to the bottom so I can wheel it around in my shop. I haven't used it yet, but I was happy to get it at $485. I have a new home and I have quite a bit of landscaping to do, so I think it will get a lot of use this spring/summer.

/ CountyLine Box Blade???
Thanks for your insight TripleR. I will count that as one vote FOR the countyline 5 footer. I may end up hiring out most of the backstop dirt moving - it really is too much for my little tractor. Somewhere between 150 and 200 cubic yards. It would take me all summer to complete!

County Line isn't a brand, really, it is TSC's house name. Usually, you can tell if it is King Kutter or what have you. Best of my recollection, the box blade you looked at is indeed a KK. Hard to beat for the money and how much most home owners use one. Although, sometimes one of the other "farm fleet" type stores beat TSC on KK price. Also, TSC is pretty free about coupons at the on line site.

I would love to find a way to work in any available coupons or discounts but am entirely unfamiliar with TSC. Could you provide a link or any other suggestions on getting discounts on this purchase?

Thank you!

-Rob

I just bought the 5' CountyLine BB this past Saturday. I had a 15% off on-line only coupon, but you cannot order it on-line. I called my local store and spoke with the manager and he agreed to honor the coupon at the store, so I bought it. Up here in the Northeast, they are made by Tarter Gate. The manager said in his opinion, it is much better than some of their past manufacturers. It looks really solid with nice curved steel blades on the bottom. I put mine on a wood pallet that I screwed in polyurethane casters to the bottom so I can wheel it around in my shop. I haven't used it yet, but I was happy to get it at $485. I have a new home and I have quite a bit of landscaping to do, so I think it will get a lot of use this spring/summer.

Is that coupon still valid? Where did you get it?

Thanks,
-Rob

/ CountyLine Box Blade??? #9  
My coupon ended last Tuesday, so I called the local TSC store and we discussed it. He took it this past Saturday since we previously agreed to it. It was emailed to me by TSC. I must have signed up for their mailings. Good luck.

Last edited:
   / CountyLine Box Blade??? #10  
Thanks for your insight TripleR. I will count that as one vote FOR the countyline 5 footer. I may end up hiring out most of the backstop dirt moving - it really is too much for my little tractor. Somewhere between 150 and 200 cubic yards. It would take me all summer to complete!

Yes, a vote FOR. It is probably a good idea to hire it done, we worked on ours for quite some time using two tractors, an 80 and 72 HP with FELs along with a ten foot dirt scraper and then a 864 Bobcat Skid Loader. Ours is in a U shape with an access road offset in one end and open on the other. You will need to have the proper slope to prevent stray rounds getting out and this is best achieved by a professional with the right equipment. We did however save several thousand dollars by doing what we did.