deere 2720 vs kubota 2630

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #11  
I just went thru the same dilemma for a month. Was not as concerned about the suspended deck. I wanted a more "all around use" tractor.I Like the Deere quick attach bucket, side by side hydro pedals and loader lifts a little more. Kubota had 3 speeds, more HP, less plastic and just felt easier to mow with . Also like the fact Kubota makes everything that goes in the tractor. The price was around 2k more on the Deere also, so I decided to split the difference and go with the B2920 for the increased pto HP. I would really have been happy with either-tough choice.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #12  
I'm not sure what the issue is here at all. The mower deck on the B2x20 series is a drive over suspended deck, just like the John Deere.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #13  
I'm not sure what the issue is here at all. The mower deck on the B2x20 series is a drive over suspended deck, just like the John Deere.

I believe he is talking about the B2630, does it have a suspended deck also? Maybe I missed something though, I'm easily confused.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #14  
My preference would be for the Kubota B 2630. I absolutely hate the 1/4 inching system, but prefer the suspended deck having owned and used both.

I believe the B2630 does not have 1/4 inching, it has position control.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #15  
I believe the B2630 does not have 1/4 inching, it has position control.

Yes, I know, I evidently need to work on my wording as my point was that I prefer the position control on the B2630, but don't like the floating deck, so it would be hard to choose between the suspended deck on the JD which I like and the position control on the B2630 which I LOVE.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #16  
Oops, I read that quickly as the B2620. No, the B2630 does have the deck that rides on the ground. It does have position control too.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #17  
I just went thru the same dilemma for a month. Was not as concerned about the suspended deck. I wanted a more "all around use" tractor.I Like the Deere quick attach bucket, side by side hydro pedals and loader lifts a little more. Kubota had 3 speeds, more HP, less plastic and just felt easier to mow with . Also like the fact Kubota makes everything that goes in the tractor. The price was around 2k more on the Deere also, so I decided to split the difference and go with the B2920 for the increased pto HP. I would really have been happy with either-tough choice.

I compared for months also. but ended up you get more bang for the buck with kubota...deere loves their green and wants your green to go with it.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #18  
The drive over deck is overrated IMHO. If you have a cement pad it is very easy to roll the deck under the tractor. With the drive over deck you have to take the time to raise and lower the wheels on the deck each time you R&R it. The 72" Kubota deck is drive over if it is something you really want. For mowing 4 acres I would certainly consider the 72" model. Does Deere offer a 72" deck for the 2520? If not, that would settle the discussion for me if I was mowing 4 acres. I see no reason why the 72" deck on the Kubota could not be semi-suspended as easliy as I did my 60". Then you would have the best of both. A heavy duty ground following deck that won't scalp or gouge the turf and a system to control the height so the deck does not get bounced around on rough ground.

I know everyone on the Deere forum loves their 2520. When you compare the two machines side by side though, the 2630 is more tractor. The JD2520 compares closer to the Kubota B2*20 series. The B2630-B3030 fill a niche that JD does not cover. Just as the JD 3*20 series is a series between Kubota's B and L series. Kubota has nothing to directly compare with the 3X20s. That is my final .02. Good luck and whatever you choose I hope it is good for you.

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #19  
I am surprised that all mowing decks are not suspended. I assume on a non-suspended deck, the weight of the deck is all carried on the deck wheels. I would not want a non-suspended deck. I view those little deck wheels as an aid to get over humps in the ground and to keep the blades from hitting the ground. The wear on the wheels/deck and turf scuffing by those little deck wheels would be a deal breaker for me. How hard can it be from an engineering standpoint to make an adjustable stop for lowering the deck?

/ deere 2720 vs kubota 2630 #20  
The wheels on the Kubota decks are very adequate for carrying the weight of the deck. Turf scuffing is not a problem. The deck is built like a tank, too. Some people like them and some don't. The only reason I semi-suspended mine was because of where the rear wheels are mounted on my 60" MMM. The two wheels are close together near the center of the deck and leave tracks in the lawn that I don't like. The 72" MMM has the rear wheels mounted outboard of the tractor wheels so the tracks follow the front wheels and don't leave the extra lines in the grass. On the 60" MMM there is not enough room to mount them outboard and still have room for them to swivel and not contact the rear tires.