Kubota rtv 1100

/ Kubota rtv 1100 #1  

drhomer32

Just got a rtv 1100 today and I didnt want the stereo that the dealer wanted to install. Does anyone know where I can get a factory stereo wiring harness plug so I can install my own stereo? I just didnt want to cut and splice!

Thanks

Greg

/ Kubota rtv 1100 #2  
Congrats on the purchase. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer told me they have been trying to get a pig tail from Kubota, and they wont give one up. Kubota wants us to buy their $500 radio, which is matched to the plug. No aftermarket adapter exists, it's specific to Kubota.

Unfortunatley, cut and splice is the only way. I have a diagram, but I don't think it will scan real well. I can translate it for you if you like.

I hope that they gave you enough wire to work with. Mine didnt make it out of the opening. A 20 minute job turned into 2 hours.:mad:

Attachments

• Mar2010 029.jpg
    Mar2010 029.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 15,164
  • Mar2010 023.jpg
    Mar2010 023.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 5,669
   / Kubota rtv 1100
mine is exactly like yours...short pigtail. Looks like I may have to pull the dash..ha ha ha Hey I would love it if you would give me a breakdown of what each of the wires is.

thanks

greg

/ Kubota rtv 1100 #4  
mine is exactly like yours...short pigtail. Looks like I may have to pull the dash..ha ha ha Hey I would love it if you would give me a breakdown of what each of the wires is.

thanks

greg

Well, you'll have one hand going up under the dash and one through the radio slot. No fun...Trust me.

You'll probably have to put rubber bushings on the steel adapter that comes with the machine, I had to do this. If you look closely at the pictures that I enclosed, you'll see that the radio sticks out a bit on the bottom (pictures taken before the bushings). Once the ductwork foam compacted, that radio went out of level. This set up works, but for this kind of money it should be better.

Wait until you see what a blast it is to get that adapter into the radio slot. Like putting something back into a Wallmart package:)

One more thing, go buy a package of those mini plug-in fuses. I blew one 5amp during the installation. Nice thing is that that circuit is limited to the dome light.

I think I'll be replacing the speakers down the road..They are awful, I'm not really an audiophile, but a 200w Kenwood should not sound like a transistor radio...Oh well, not a matter of life and death.

I'll dig that info up and send it to you tomorrow evening.

Tim

/ Kubota rtv 1100 #5  
Greg,

Let me know if you can read this

Attachments

• scan0001.pdf
    776.8 KB · Views: 1,275
   / Kubota rtv 1100
I was able to read. thanks so much for your help...I guess its off to the garage. Perfect day for it...been raining in Missouri all night and so far today!

greg

/ Kubota rtv 1100
Hey...got the radio installed. It really wasn't a hard install..just a little time consuming. Instead of trying to do all the work through and under the dash, I just pulled the steering wheel (which needed adjusted because it was not straight when driving anyway) and about 8 bolts and pulled the whole dash out. Then I had plenty of room to work and since the radio harness didnt have a illumination wire I had to track it down on the ac harness which took a little trial and error. I did pull the fuse that supplied the main power so I didnt blow any fuses...thank for the heads up on that! From start to finish even with the dash removal just took about an hour....took longer for me to figure out the radio..ha ha ha

tim..thanks again so much for your info I guess your hard work paid off for me!!

PS..your right about the speakers...not the best but they will do when feeding the cows :D

thanks

greg

/ Kubota rtv 1100 #8  
Glad to hear that Greg...Sounds like taking the dash out was the way to go.

/ Kubota rtv 1100 #9  
hey guys can some one please help me! ive read this whole forum and dont understand so please help, i have a kubota rtv 1100 recently the stereo took a crap on me, i have a sony after market stereo deck to put in it and im haveing trouble witch wire goes to what so if you guys can please help me id be soo thankfull here are the wires comging from the new sony stereo

yellow= 12 volt battery/constant (12v+)
red= 12 volt ignition/switched (12v+)
blue= power antenna
blue/white= remote turn on (12v+)
orange= illumination/dimmer
black= chassis ground (12v-)
white= left front positive (lf+)
white/black= left front negative (lf-)
gray= right front positive (rf+)
gray/black= right front negative (rf-)
green= left rear positive (lr+)
green/black= left rear negative (lr-)
purple= right rear positive (rr+)
purple/black= right rear negative (rr-)

i understand some wires wont be used and the negetive positive speeker wires might have to be together

the wires coming out of my kubota that was connected to the old stereo are the colors
red
purple
green/black
yellow
black
gray
white

any info or steps would be great!! i tryed to understand the wireing diagram but was lost, ive hooked stereos in mt truck befor but not on something like this soo im lost, please help thank you so much

-cody