Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #121  
BTW, weird your WalMart doesn't Rotella synthetic for diesels. Is this a Conn thing?

I haven't found it in the two smaller WalMarts I normally shop at, but at my age, it could be a "blind with your eyes wide open" kind of thing. :laughing:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #122  
Thanks. I was not trying to offend anyone by the bump, was just trying to be helpful.
I don't get paid any money or rewards by bumping so I was surprised that anyone would take offense.
I didn't know bumping was even frowned upon by anyone during the years I've been on this forum. Never had been reprimanded or sent any extracts from dictionaries explaining how bad a bumper is before.
I apologize to the person I offended by bumping this thread but I'm not sorry I did it.:)
I suspect I will keep bumping till the moderator tells me to stop, I mean the real moderator, not the wanna be's or self appointed moderators.

Do we have another version of the "safety police"? As a rookie, I read lots of posts instead of searching for specifics. Don't know to use the search yet either, but when the time comes, I'll learn. I just did the 10 hour FEL lube, yesterday! (BTW, I hate grease guns.) With a whopping 15 hours under my belt, I'm trying to learn as much as I can til the 200 hour mark. (160 hours on L3240)
Techniques, tips and tricks are invaluable!
Keep up the good work guys, I'm reading them!!!!!
BTW, I did buy a 5 foot Taylor tiller. Too wet here to use.$1827 OTD.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
Do we have another version of the "safety police"? As a rookie, I read lots of posts instead of searching for specifics. Don't know to use the search yet either, but when the time comes, I'll learn. I just did the 10 hour FEL lube, yesterday! (BTW, I hate grease guns.) With a whopping 15 hours under my belt, I'm trying to learn as much as I can til the 200 hour mark. (160 hours on L3240)
Techniques, tips and tricks are invaluable!
Keep up the good work guys, I'm reading them!!!!!
BTW, I did buy a 5 foot Taylor tiller. Too wet here to use.$1827 OTD.
I have a hand pump grease gun and bought an air powered grease gun from Sears. Had the air powered one for a couple of years (Bought it because it was on sale) before I ever used it. I'm not saying I like greasing but no comparison between the hand pumped one and the air powered one. Air all the way. I also bought a used battery powered one cheap but have never tried it, yet. Need to get it cleaned up and give it a try.
I to am waiting on the ground to dry up to try plowing and to till.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #124  
Took on the task of doing my own 50hr service today; piece of cake. I used Shell Rotella T6 full syn and the tractor (BX2660) definitely sounds a bit quieter. I opted to drain all hydro fluid and replaced it with SUDT2 as opposed to just changing the filter. Once again thanks to JT and the rest of you for posting and keeping this thread alive. :thumbsup:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #125  
I did the 50 Hr service on my bx24 many years ago (now over 250 hrs). Used/using Amsoil Hydro fluid, Amsoil engine oil, Napa air filter and Wix fuel filter(s)..This is the same thing I did on my old Bx22....Service is cheap and works mint!

Gear fluid on MMM and front diff was changed at 50 hours using another fluid. I love, based on UOA LC20 oil add...works mint!

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #126  
Is there a "genric" transmission filter for the BX 23? Kubota part#HHK 20 36990. Have tried several online search engine, TSC and several parts supply stores, with no luck. Not looking forward to 30 mi drive to nearest Kubota dealer.:anyone:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #128  
Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup: Have gardens to till so had to bite the bullet yesterday and make the drive. :mad: What would the average turn around time be and does price include shipping?

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #129  
Messics had my order to me in two days. I ordered the hydro filter, fuel x2, hydro fan blade and a few misc parts. The total was like 35 bucks and shipping was around 5 bucks. Point is I plan ahead when I can and can usually can wait a couple days. My dealer is not too close either and with gas at 4 plus a gallon it just makes sense to order online.
i've ordered from Colemans in the past with similar results, but their website was acting goofy a few weeks back.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #130  
TTT:thumbsup: