Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #221  
Another reason to do your own service and check your own machine. There are some dealers with great service depts. but no one cares as much as you do or you should for YOUR machine.:thumbsup:

ABSOLUTLEY TRUE!!!:thumbsup:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #222  
Another reason to do your own service and check your own machine. There are some dealers with great service depts. but no one cares as much as you do or you should for YOUR machine.:thumbsup:

ABSOLUTLEY TRUE!!!:thumbsup:

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
I agree, Deano, that's worth saying twice.:D

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #224  
$600 for such an easy service. Can buy a good piece of used equipement for that, or an ok piece of new! If you'd do your own service you'd see how easy it is and would be more inclined to do (ie;SAVE) more. Kubota doesn't require first or any service done buy dealer - as long as it's done.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #225  
Do ya'll know what size wrenches i need to change my hydo fluid and clean the strainer? Its in the woods and I would like to change it out before I drive it home... its been a hard summer on the little BX23.
Thanks,
Tol

I write the sizes of wrenches on the front cover of the owners manual as well as dates of changes and tire air pressure but I currently don't have a BX but I'm sure another BX owner will respond with an answer. I know the strainer socket size is a fairly big one but the others one are fairly standard sizes.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #227  
John, thats a good idea. I only clean my stainer when I change the hydrolic fluid, but was always curious if I can remove the strainer without changing it? ON a BX

Is it DWNSTM of the pump?

John, thats a good idea. I only clean my stainer when I change the hydrolic fluid, but was always curious if I can remove the strainer without changing it? ON a BX

Is it DWNSTM of the pump?

Fluid will drain out when you remove the strainer unless you use a shop vac to suck on the hyd fluid inlet/fill hole or stick a proper sized cork/rubber stopper in the hole when you pull the strainer out. Both of these methods result in very little fluid loss. Sure someone will post the size of plug to use, my first try was with a cork/plug to small and had to use my thumb while looking at my clean strainer with the other hand. :D

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #229  
I believe the nut holding the strainer assembly in is 12mm - at least on my 1860. (Has been over a week since I did it - I suffer from CRSRB!). The plug I used was a #5 rubber stopper I got from the bulk bins at Ace Hardware - it worked fine. It's much easier, at least the first time, to take the rear left tire off and if you drain the entire HST have a big enough bucket to catch it all - careful when you first pull out the strainer, the fluid really gushes out. Easy enough, though my tires are liquid filled and was a heavy chore to put back on. Have fun!

Mine never gushed but a vacuum cleaner will prevent gushing.