Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #231  
Mine never gushed but a vacuum cleaner will prevent gushing.

Only done it the once - hadn't had a chance to try the vac method yet. Did you use just a reg shop vac? What size?

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #232  
I have seen the shop vac referred to, but never any specific details. I am very interested in know more.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
I to haven't used a shop vac because mine haven't gushed but many shop vac users. You shop vac users step up and give the details. I think they are in this thread but it's a long thread so they may save some going back by retelling now.

Where are you vacuum cleaner user guys? Let's see a description and pic.

Where are you vacuum cleaner users for screen and hyd fluid filter changers????

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #236  
I'm interested in this also...

From what I can remember is

Shop vac is used on the fill point for HST to stop or reduce the flow of fluid coming out. Most oil pans only hold 5 gallons so most HST reservoirs are bigger.

When I changed the filters I was very surprised at how little fluid I lost.

Hope this helps!

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #237  
I'm interested in this also... From what I can remember is Shop vac is used on the fill point for HST to stop or reduce the flow of fluid coming out. Most oil pans only hold 5 gallons so most HST reservoirs are bigger. When I changed the filters I was very surprised at how little fluid I lost. Hope this helps!

Well I just did this last weekend on my BX25 for its 50 hour change. I couldn't see any way to get the shop vac to stay on the fill tube and I there was no one around to hold it for me so I just used the #5 rubber stopper which resulted in maybe a half a quart lost. FYI I found very little debris on the strainer filter, nothing that concerned me at all. I lost more when I did the filter. What surprised me was the tight quarters for pulling the filter off. It's so close to the housing I couldn't use my chain wrench and my strap wrench didn't want to fit between the filter and the fan protection plate. The plate wasn't coming off because of how it's bolted on (almost inaccessible) so I finally managed to wiggle the strap wrench into place but not before I slashed my middle finger from the first knuckle clean up to the tip. Ya, it bled and it said some very unkind words! Lol. All this would have been impossible if I hadn't removed the left rear tire first.

I did the oil later and that went pretty smooth since I was able to get my chain wrench around the very end of the filter so I didn't have to remove the shroud. Last thing was to change the air filter. Awwww, epic fail! No way to do that without removing the shroud which means removing the loader and the grille guard. Really Kubota?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #238  
Just did the whole gambit of fluids on the b2920

Engine oil 10w30 Amsoil diesel synth
Filter
Axle
HST/hydraulic and filters
Fuel filter
Air filter
Coolant

Took about 1hr start to finish! No shop vac used.

Just did the whole gambit of fluids on the b2920

Engine oil 10w30 Amsoil diesel synth
Filter
Axle
HST/hydraulic and filters
Fuel filter
Air filter
Coolant

Took about 1hr start to finish! No shop vac used.

No need to use shop vac if your dumping fluid on purpose.

Where are you vacuum cleaner users for screen and hyd fluid filter changers????

Still waiting on you actual vacuum users to respond.:confused: