Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #41  
JSter804, I read the post many times and had rubber stoppers ready (#5 is best) and still lost a lot, but not all, the fluid. Do not feel bad! :)
Doing the 50 hour service ourselves is worth the effort given what you learn. With 65 hours now on my BX25 I am considering having the dealer do my 100 hour service. Now you can spend 50 more hours with only BH & FEL greasing to add to the daily checks.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX
JSter804, I read the post many times and had rubber stoppers ready (#5 is best) and still lost a lot, but not all, the fluid. Do not feel bad! :)
Doing the 50 hour service ourselves is worth the effort given what you learn. With 65 hours now on my BX25 I am considering having the dealer do my 100 hour service. Now you can spend 50 more hours with only BH & FEL greasing to add to the daily checks.
Why would you have dealer do 100 hour service? Have you priced it with dealer?

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #43  
Good point JT! Will talk to dealer. What service point should I consider having the Dealer perform? Hope all is dry there! Stay safe!

Good point JT! Will talk to dealer. What service point should I consider having the Dealer perform? Hope all is dry there! Stay safe!
Don't see a need for dealer involvement other than when something tears up that you can't fix. Your owners manual just lists what's needed at what hours and if there is anything listed that you don't feel comfortable doing, then consider dealer intervention.:)

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #45  
JT, I reviewed the Service Table and you are correct! :D Kubota gives guidance on most service items and suggests going to dealer for a few. Most appear easy to do! Do you keep a log of all service? Date, meter hour, action?
Would you suggest I make a log? Anyone have a site where a log format is shown? Thanks JT!

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #46  
Well, keeping a log or journal is pretty easy and they sell little log books or journal books. Hardboard cover, lots of columns on the inside. The number of entries though are in the 1000's. You aren't likely to "log" in more than a half dozen entries of services done in 4-5 years. There is a difference between simple maintenance and a complicated repair.

I do keep the receipts for the products (oil, filters, sudt, etc) purchased for servicing. I just stick them in my big plastic folder with the manuals and sales documents.

The only way my tractor would go back to a dealer would be for a catastrophic failure of some kind, for warranty. Farmers, with lots of tractors, aren't shuttling them back and forth from the dealers and neither are the lawn guys or commercial construction guys with their fleets. They do their own maintenance. Dealer costs for back room service is very, very expensive.

JT, I reviewed the Service Table and you are correct! :D Kubota gives guidance on most service items and suggests going to dealer for a few. Most appear easy to do! Do you keep a log of all service? Date, meter hour, action?
Would you suggest I make a log? Anyone have a site where a log format is shown? Thanks JT!
I write on the cover of the owners manual hours on tractor and what I did and date.

Bump for BX do it your self.

/ Do your own Fluids and Filters on a BX #49  
JT,

Thanx for bumping, makes for more great reading.....:)

Bump.