Angle of the Dangle

/ Angle of the Dangle
Thanks everybody for a lot of good info. The last entires on the level indicator have me intrigued. My bucket has the little flat bar, but it sounds like Toolguy has made his own version. Any chance we can see some pics? or get instructions on how & what to build. You can PM me if you choose.

Thanks, again, everybody

/ Angle of the Dangle #22  
Here is what I did. I used a Heim joint on the bottom end but you could easily make it just as effective by bending a 90* angle on the end and use a cotter key to hold it. The top is a hardware store eyebolt. The rod is 3/8". Not my idea. I copied it from a Woods loader I saw.

Attachments

• P6170026.JPG
    P6170026.JPG
    962 KB · Views: 146
  • P6170025.jpg
    P6170025.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 135
  • P6170022.jpg
    P6170022.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 132
  • P6170018.JPG
    P6170018.JPG
    938.6 KB · Views: 149
   / Angle of the Dangle #23  
Here is what I did. I used a Heim joint on the bottom end but you could easily make it just as effective by bending a 90* angle on the end and use a cotter key to hold it. The top is a hardware store eyebolt. The rod is 3/8". Not my idea. I copied it from a Woods loader I saw.

Very nice. Take a stroll or even sashay over to your Kubota dealer and see how Kubota has changed the level indicator from the LXX30 models, pretty clever.

/ Angle of the Dangle #24  
Here is the bucket level indicator i built. Just could not be very precise with just the flat tab indicator.

Attachments

• KubotaBucketRod-11x17.pdf
    502.2 KB · Views: 176
   / Angle of the Dangle #26  
When you float the bucket, you are generally backblading to smooth something or with a steeper angle, to drag something. I grade everything I do by floating it with the loader bucket (b2630) and I can get it spot on. I do have lot of practice however from bigger machines. I would never consider wasting my money on a box blade. Loader is way quicker and much less hassle. I can work circles around a box blade with a loader and you would not know the difference in the finished product. I know I'll get an argument on this, but I'll stand my ground!

Your 3030 is the same as mine. The float works just like any full size machine. I floats whether you are going forward, or reverse. The only time I float when going ahead is when I'm on an asphalt or concrete surface and want to scrape it clean. If you float going ahead on dirt, the bucket will either dig in or ride up - you'll never go level. Much easier to set it, go real slow, then feather the bucket as you go to maintain your grade.

To answer the rest of your questions, your loader is not self leveling, and the loader floats up and down, whichever way it is "pushed".

Summary: Float at about a 45 degree angle or better to drag material in reverse. Decrease to about a 30 degree angle and you will start to smooth/spread in reverse. As the amount of material behind the bucket starts to wain, just keep rolling back the bucket until just about flat and you will just taper it right down and have a pretty smooth spread. May have to repeat a couple times to get it just right. I never float going ahead on dirt to dig.
:thumbsup:I like your way of thinkin I also run a b 30 30 case 580 and your the first one to back drag the way it is to be done :thumbsup::cool::D