RatchetRake for Brush Clearing

/ RatchetRake for Brush Clearing #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I have said before that I've used my RR for finish leveling and not for brush clearing. Well, I have a new story.:) I have a pile of topsoil fermenting in storage on the lower part of my property. Now thta I'm doing a garden, I need the topsoil topside. The briars, brush and water sprout trees have done great in the topsoil pile.
I tackled them today with my new RR on my BX2660. Some of the trees were 8' to 10' tall and deep into briars, some rocks and other under brush. I used the front long teeth of the RR in forward and the stuff just started falling, not the trees. I stuck teeth under the water sprout trees and just lifted them up and drug them out. I went forward with big front trees and back drug with big teeth some and lower teeth some to pull almost everything up. Ground is a bit moist so bad traction for tractor but easier pulling the stuff up. Here's a pile of what I pulled up that I just lowered teeth and went forward after back dragging it away from the working pile and it rounded it all up and pushed it into a pile. Had to leave but in 30 minutes it changed from a wall of brush 10' to 15' high to this so I can now see what's actualy there. IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 218
   / RatchetRake for Brush Clearing
Pictures messed up. Here's the rest of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 153
  • P1060523.jpg
    P1060523.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 215
  • P1060524.jpg
    P1060524.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 286
  • P1060527.jpg
    P1060527.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 356
   / RatchetRake for Brush Clearing #3  
ok jt, i'll bite.

what's the extra board w/the uprights doing in the front end loader bucket?

shrekbelly

ok jt, i'll bite.

what's the extra board w/the uprights doing in the front end loader bucket?

shrekbelly
It's the new light weight magic bucket balance level motivation indicator.:) Or better known as the piece of wood with the triangles that the RR was taped to for shipping.:) Guess it kept it level in the UPS truck.

/ RatchetRake for Brush Clearing #6  
thanks, jt
i knew an answer was forth coming.
shrekbelly

/ RatchetRake for Brush Clearing #7  
Wow, that thing sure looks well built! You picture looks better than what they have on their website.

I just wish they made them a bit bigger for what I need and, of course, wish they were still available direct :(

Ken

Wow, that thing sure looks well built! You picture looks better than what they have on their website.

I just wish they made them a bit bigger for what I need and, of course, wish they were still available direct :(

Ken
Bigger in what way?

/ RatchetRake for Brush Clearing #9  
   / RatchetRake for Brush Clearing #10  
Yellow???!!!! You need to fix that! Tractor Supply, New Kubota Orange!!:D

Deano