Tires Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #1  

smokey_truck

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX1860
Today I was mowing grass with Bx1860 and running around the yard for 1 hr picking lot of yard trash bins and putting outside. Took my son for rounds around yard. I was using bar tires (filled) all the time and no problem or so ever. I dont have marks are anything. Slightly soft spots were not that bad. Dry ones there was no marks.

Glad I didnot buy turf tires - Just wanted to update for anyone wondering which tires.

Ganesh

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #2  
Today I was mowing grass with Bx1860 and running around the yard for 1 hr picking lot of yard trash bins and putting outside. Took my son for rounds around yard. I was using bar tires (filled) all the time and no problem or so ever. I dont have marks are anything. Slightly soft spots were not that bad. Dry ones there was no marks.

Glad I didnot buy turf tires - Just wanted to update for anyone wondering which tires.

Ganesh
You would have been able to do all of those things and not left marks with turf tires. Ride would have been softer and smoother with turf tires.

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #3  
I ran bar tires on my BX2200 for six years without problems in my yard and my son in law is still running it that way. John is right that turf tires will ride smoother and have pretty good traction in many applications, but for some uses turf did not give me enough traction doing tractor type work.

NOTICE: I am NOT saying one is better than the other.

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #4  
... except in mud, those turfs fill up quickly and become slippery mud donuts. After I load up the treads with mud, I run WOT in high-range along the side of the paved road to clean them out. Much easier than trying to wash out the mud with a hose.

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #5  
:)
... except in mud, those turfs fill up quickly and become slippery mud donuts. After I load up the treads with mud, I run WOT in high-range along the side of the paved road to clean them out. Much easier than trying to wash out the mud with a hose.
:):)I don't wax my Kubotas or haven't yet and I mostly leave them out in the rain to wash them but I'm not going to run them in mud unless I absolutely have to which would be one tenth of one per cent of the time.:) As stated by TripleR, I'm not saying one tire is better than the other as far as tires go. The application/use is how tires should be chosen. I've had and have turfs and I/R4's and never had ags so I only have experience with those two and each of them have their applications where they shine and where they are dull.:)

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #6  
Bars / R4's are good on grass but does depend on the situation. I NEED to mow my lawn (which is all slopes) in 4WD and the bars cuff when turning sharp. I prefer the R4's for loader work in dirt although I did buy an additional set of wheels with turfs for mowing.

/ Bar tires, filled - No problem in the yard #7  
2*Glad I didnot buy turf tires - Just wanted to update for anyone wondering which tires.
Ganesh
2*Two many get hung up on the idea that bar tires = damaged yard.
I don't believe that's even a cncern with a BX or B size tractor
I ran bar tires on my BX2200 for six years without problems in my yard and my son in law is still running it that way. John is right that turf tires will ride smoother and have pretty good traction in many applications, but for some uses turf did not give me enough traction doing tractor type work.
NOTICE: I am NOT saying one is better than the other.
4*I can not tell any difference in the ride
between trufs on 1 bx and the other bx with bars.

6*Neither turfs or R4s are desireable for mud.