Default 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660?

I am shopping for a box scraper for my BX2660 and a local dealer is offering me a 48" and 54" landpride for about the same price. It is a BB1554 which weighs 402lbs that I am considering.

Thanks!

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Default Re: 54" Box Scraper too big for BX2660?

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I am shopping for a box scraper for my BX2660 and a local dealer is offering me a 48" and 54" landpride for about the same price. It is a BB1554 which weighs 402lbs that I am considering.

Thanks!
    I think it will pull either one.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

CSW,

I have a BX 2660 with the 54" LandPride BB (I think its in their BB15 Series).

It works great!
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"
    - Thomas Jefferson

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Agree. Either should work fine for most BB work. You will be able to load either one with so much material the tractor doesn't have enough traction to pull it, but we're talking really, really full at that point.

Only hesitation is if you have narrow spaces to navigate.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad4 View Post
    Agree. Either should work fine for most BB work. You will be able to load either one with so much material the tractor doesn't have enough traction to pull it, but we're talking really, really full at that point.

Only hesitation is if you have narrow spaces to navigate.
    Maneuvering in tight places and hooking trees is why I prefer the 48" on mine; either will work.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '07 Kubota BX2350

I did quite a bit of landscaping last spring after our house was built. In our soil conditions, I found it was very easy to stop the BX2350 dead in it's tracks with a 48" box blade. This wasn't even with the box being too full, just with the level of the box set to scrape a modest few inches off the top. Oh yeah, this was also with chains on all 4 tires.
    '07 BX2350, FEL w/ toothbar, 60" MMM, 5' KK back blade, BX2750C front snowblower, 42" home built disc, carry all

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by fish6942 View Post
    I In our soil conditions, I found it was very easy to stop the BX2350 dead in it's tracks with a 48" box blade. This wasn't even with the box being too full, just with the level of the box set to scrape a modest few inches off the top. Oh yeah, this was also with chains on all 4 tires.

I've never had problems like that, but that is a good point about soil conditions.

We have a lot of clay around here. The key to that is timing. If you wait until late August after three weeks of no rain to try moving a lot of dirt at one time, it will be a lot harder than if you choose a time when the ground has some moisture. Doesn't have to be wet, but baked clay is going to give you a run for your money.

Here are some pics of my first BB project...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...-new-scut.html

Also, not knowing how much experience you have with tractors, (personally, I'm still on the low end of the learning curve) as you learn to adjust the angle of your BB and the depth of the shanks...you'll be impressed with what it can do. Then again, I might just be easily impressed
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"
    - Thomas Jefferson

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison