bx2660 and post hole digger

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #1  

drg1

Silver Member
Tractor
1532 hydro
has anybody used a full size phd like you would get at tsc? Looking at the 2660 but want to make sure it will work with some of my existing implements with the phd being one of them...Thanks..also list some of the implements and sizes you are using..Thanks again:thumbsup:

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #2  
I haven't used one, but I heard reports here on TBN that the augers drags on the ground when its in the up all the way position. That would make it hard to get the hole started straight.

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #3  
I have a full sized Greene PHD on my BX2200, which has lower 3ph parameters than your tractor. Raise the arms halfway. Loosen turnbuckles completely. Mount the U-bar by itself, slipping in 1 pin one one side, then the pin on the other side. It will fit this way. Then attach the other pieces. I have a 48" Pengo auger with an 18" extension. I get about 1"-2" of ground clearance while in transport. Even if you got drag, you could swing the auger upward and secure it with a bungee cord while in transport.

Those who report dragging are making an error. What you have to do is position the U-bar in the hole on the gooseneck bar that is closest to the tractor. That pushes the gearbox much higher. This does cause the auger to begin to angle away from vertical a bit as it digs in and you have to inch the tractor forward an inch or 2 at a time to compensate for this.

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #4  
There is a pretty good video on PHD's on (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) I think they call out a special unit for BX series.

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #5  
There is a pretty good video on PHD's on (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) I think they call out a special unit for BX series.

There are smaller units available for sub-cuts, such as the Land Pride PD10 and Woods PHD25, however full sized units can work just fine. You do not need to restrict yourself to a miniature unit. I am not offering an opinion. This is a fact. I know because I have a full sized unit and an auger with extension that is 60" long on a BX2200.

Last edited:
   / bx2660 and post hole digger #6  
....Thanks..also list some of the implements and sizes you are using..Thanks again

I would recommend that you spend some time reading in the archives. These same things have been discussed many times. There's nothing wrong with asking, but after members have written things repeatedly, they may be less inclined to give you a list of every single thing they think fits a BX. Since there is SO MUCH great info in the archives, spend some time there doing your own research.

/ bx2660 and post hole digger
well im sorry that i have hit a sore spot, the only reason for the question was to see if there was any RECENT update that might have new information for me...and yes I have searched the archives many times. Sorry that you couldnt provide me with any support for my question, except to badger someone who wants to better themself

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #8  
has anybody used a full size phd like you would get at tsc? Looking at the 2660 but want to make sure it will work with some of my existing implements with the phd being one of them...Thanks..also list some of the implements and sizes you are using..Thanks again:thumbsup:
Valid question

I have a full sized Greene PHD on my BX2200, which has lower 3ph parameters than your tractor. Raise the arms halfway. Loosen turnbuckles completely. Mount the U-bar by itself, slipping in 1 pin one one side, then the pin on the other side. It will fit this way. Then attach the other pieces. I have a 48" Pengo auger with an 18" extension. I get about 1"-2" of ground clearance while in transport. Even if you got drag, you could swing the auger upward and secure it with a bungee cord while in transport.

Those who report dragging are making an error. What you have to do is position the U-bar in the hole on the gooseneck bar that is closest to the tractor. That pushes the gearbox much higher. This does cause the auger to begin to angle away from vertical a bit as it digs in and you have to inch the tractor forward an inch or 2 at a time to compensate for this.

Great response, answered some of my questions. As I'm looking for a PHD for my ride

well im sorry that i have hit a sore spot, the only reason for the question was to see if there was any RECENT update that might have new information for me...and yes I have searched the archives many times. Sorry that you couldnt provide me with any support for my question, except to badger someone who wants to better themself

drg1- of 22 posts - You should have WRITTEN that you searched and needed "RECENT update", and thanks to Tom_H for details.

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #9  
There are searchers and there are askers. Glad this forum has both and encourages both. If all new members are searchers then new members that are joining this board daily would lose access to alot of good information. I often see a question asked that I never even thought about asking and I'm sure there are others. Askers, keep asking and feel good that you asked, your helping alot of people that won't ask due to thinking they know everything already or that it's a dumb question. Also, don't be so sensitive to personal remarks that some people make, it's just part of forum life where people can say almost anything because they are hiding behind their monitor.:) There are no dumb questions. When a asker is told to be a searcher I believe this will discourage others from asking, thinking they may be put down for their question. To me, if someone asks a question that has been asked before, I think there are forum members that like to answer questions who come to this forum to answer questions so they will not be utilized if everyone is a searcher. I also believe that all forum members have the option to not answer a posted question. To me, if a question is asked, then if someone has an answer and wants to answer it, then they should do so. If they want to also respond with "there are possibly more answers to this question if you want to do a search". The search feature can be a good tool but most questions have been answered already but to continue as a great forum I think we should applaud and welcome questioners. There are also updates to old answers. The 50 hour service is a great example. Searchers keep searching, questioners, keep questioning and you guys that are in training to become hostage negotiators keep studying.:) Just one mans opinion as I hide behind my monitor here in Somerset, Ky and my real name is John Thomas.

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #10  
well im sorry that i have hit a sore spot

You haven't hit a sore spot. I'm just letting you know that sometimes someone new asks a question and gets a lot of feedback and other times a new person asks a question and gets little feedback. You had gotten feedback on the PHD, but not one person had responded to your inquiry about other implements. As I examine the thread, they still haven't. Everyone is responding to your assumption that I have a "sore spot". I assure you that I don't, and I apologize if my reply inferred to you that you had hit one. In that no one has replied to your question about other implements, I was trying to give you some understanding of why that may not have happened, and where you could find the answers to your question. Best of luck to you.

newbury: I think that it was my next post that drg1 was referencing. I concluded it with:

Since there is SO MUCH great info in the archives, spend some time there doing your own research.

I was in a hurry and did not word that well. I should have said something like, "Since no one has replied with the information you are looking for, you might want to search in the archives. It is a great source of information, and you will be able to find what you are looking for there."

Lesson for self for today: "Take the time to consider what you are saying and how you say it. Words matter, and the manner in which I compose my thoughts makes a difference to others."

drg1: Some members list their implements in their signature line. Some list their implements in their profiles. Some do both. If you notice that someone has a BX, both of those are places you could check.

I have 60" MMM, a Woods BH6000, a 37" Murratori tiller, a 42" Gannon box blade, a 36" rear blade, a 42" grader scraper, a 40" Gearmore heavy duty brush hog, a small DR chipper, a Leinbach carry all, a 24" pond scoop, a Northern Tool 15 gal elec. sprayer that I mount on the carry all, the Greene PHD with Pengo carbide auger tip, modified with a mount to hold free weight plates as ballast, a subsoiler modified to take several hundred lb. of free weight plates as ballast. I sold my bagger/catcher to Junkman, once the dominant and most knowledgeable poster of the Kubota forums. I'm sorry that I don't have time at the moment to go into details about each one.

Last edited: