Purpose of holes in loader bucket

/ Purpose of holes in loader bucket #1  

Winejon

My LA1160 loader's bucket has two half-inch diameter holes in each side. Anyone know the purpose of these? My dealer doesn't. I'll try to attach a picture.

Attachments

• 2-186847-1160bucket.jpg
    2-186847-1160bucket.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 207
   / Purpose of holes in loader bucket #2  
I don't know the purpose of those holes either. but I'd swear that is the exact same bucket thats on my Woods 1012 loader.

/ Purpose of holes in loader bucket #3  
not really sure, but think they were predrilled for some attachment. but on the other hand they may have been put there just to drive us crazy/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Purpose of holes in loader bucket #4  
I think the bucket is made by woods for Kubota. It has the bobtach type connection, doesent it? Kubota now offers the bobtach type bucket annd quick attach for LA1162 loader on M6800.

Do you like the bucket? Big enough?

What is the pros and cons of a square bucket vs round back bucket?

/ Purpose of holes in loader bucket #5  
A square back bucket is less expensive to build then a round back, but I think wet and sticky material (like out north Texas clay) dumps easier from a round back then a square back.

/ Purpose of holes in loader bucket #7  
I have a Woods 1006 on my B7500. It has the same holes in it's bucket. My dealer didn't have a clue either. Wrong placement for a toothbar. ???

/ Purpose of holes in loader bucket
Yes, the LA1162 is a quick-attach, compatible with Bobcat and other standard skid-steer attachments.I like the bucket fine, but don't have the experience to compare it to other designs.