BX2360 front or rear blade or blower for snow?

/ BX2360 front or rear blade or blower for snow? #1  

newdeal

Silver Member
So I plan to get a BX2360, I would like to be able to use it for snow removal in the winter, I live in Canada near Niagara Falls so occasionally in the winter we get heavy lake effect snow. I plan to have a box blade and obviously the loader however our driveway is around 400feet long and I am guessing these are not very efficient for snow removal. Basically what I am wondering is which is the most time efficient implement to remove the snow, and what are the approximate costs of these implements for this tractor. I am going to guess there is no one right answer or they wouldn't make all three but I was just hoping for some input.

/ BX2360 front or rear blade or blower for snow? #2  
Everyone has a different opinion on this.
My preference is a rear snow blower on my BX2660. With the rear, I still have the full use of the FEL. I paid $2000 for my Meteor 51 inch blower. The Meteor blower is made in Canada.

Click on attached thumbnail to enlarge photo.

Attachments

• Blower.JPG
    Blower.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 957
   / BX2360 front or rear blade or blower for snow? #3  
So I plan to get a BX2360, I would like to be able to use it for snow removal in the winter, I live in Canada near Niagara Falls so occasionally in the winter we get heavy lake effect snow. I plan to have a box blade and obviously the loader however our driveway is around 400feet long and I am guessing these are not very efficient for snow removal. Basically what I am wondering is which is the most time efficient implement to remove the snow, and what are the approximate costs of these implements for this tractor. I am going to guess there is no one right answer or they wouldn't make all three but I was just hoping for some input.

I have a 2360 in eastern Newfoundland and we also get wet heavy snow. I have a front blade (50") and a front blower (48"). The blade is a power angled so I can push to one side. I love both because the wet snow can't get under the tires creating ice. The blower gets rid of the really heavy stuff while the blade lets me get down to the bare pavement. I don't have a rear blade since I don't have any need for it. Eventually I want a FEL, but for now, it's also a luxury. Mine has the turf tires since i use mine as a mower in the summer and I've never needed the tire chains.

I have a long wide driveway and thats why I bought the tractor. After Northern Alberta I bought it mainly for snow removal, but I wanted a reasonable mower too. Now I'm finding a lot more uses for it than I thought I would have.

/ BX2360 front or rear blade or blower for snow? #4  

==========================================================
==========================================================

The three point hitch snow blower will be much better in your case as it will require less power for the same width of snow blower and will require less work to install and maintain.

Purchasing and having dual remotes on the BX 2360 allows you to operate the snow blower from the cabin with no open windows or doors to control the spout or chute and the dual remotes will allow you to use other implements with ease.

It is no secret that I like the Pronovost line of snow blowers;

The Puma 48,54,64,72, and 74 come standard with hydraulic chute control and the hydraulic spout control is optional and your tractor has plenty of power to operate all of them.

Buying and having rear chains and lquid ballast are tremendous assets for snow blowers dealing with melted snow pack or drifting snows as they will become heavier during the daylight hours if the sun is out or the temperature rises during the day.

Please remember snow fall that is unmelted weighs in at 21 pounds per cubic foot and weighs more as it ages with temperature increases and aditional snowfalls and gravity.

Buying a kubota with a front loader makes them easier to trade up, or sell as well as they are harder to sell with out front end loaders alone if you want to sell it outright.

I have a number of posts about rear mounted snowblowers here that you may wish to look at for reference.

A lot depends on you and your desired tractor.
Buying the BX2360 with cruise control will allow you to zip through snowfalls without bogging down in dense snow pack with out using the pedal.

A winter cab with a heater defroster will let you work in light clothing and comfort as the kubota heater defroster is capable of high heat delivery for defrosting and heat.

You should ask for a high out put alternator to provide the amperage heater fan and for rear work lights on the cabin.

I do not know which dealer would be closer for you, the pronovost dealer in Apple Hill, Ontario which is the only pronovost dealer in Ontario or Tudor and Jones in Weedsport, New York.

A three point snow blower will be easier to maintain than a front blower and take much less time to install or remove.

The pronost blowers are well built for fafrm use in canadian winters and the welding and construction of the snow blowers is excellent from the puma to the PXPL line of blowers-which I examined for myself the first time at the empire farm days 4 years ago.

leon

Last edited: