New owner of BX25

/ New owner of BX25 #1  

TC135

Tractor
BX25
Hi
Made the plunge and bought a BX25. I am really completely new to using a sub compact tractor with a FEL and backhoe. I have come to this site in hopes of learning what the capabilities of the machine are and to learn techniques for efficiency and safety. Thanks comments certainly welcome

/ New owner of BX25 #2  
Hi
Made the plunge and bought a BX25. I am really completely new to using a sub compact tractor with a FEL and backhoe. I have come to this site in hopes of learning what the capabilities of the machine are and to learn techniques for efficiency and safety. Thanks comments certainly welcome
Congratulations! Keep your buckets as close to the ground as possible, keep it in 4wd going down hills and stay off of wet grass on hillsides. Tree stumps don't come out of the ground real easy with a small BH.

/ New owner of BX25 #3  
Welcome to TBN! this is a nice site for info, doing a search will provide you hours of reading for info you are looking for.

At this time, I am not sure if you read the manual yet, but if I were you I'd sit down,look in the manual and write down the wieght limits for each implements you have. I did the same thing for my BX24 and now I have a copy of the document on my pc to refer to. For example I know that the BX:

3 pt hitch can lift 1210 lbs

Lower hitch can tow 1765lbs trailer weight

Going through the manual is not as easy as it sounds as the info is not all in the same place.

Knowing the weight limits will tell you what to expect from you BX in safety terms.

/ New owner of BX25
yep I have gone through manual and am slowly learning what the machine is all about. I am generally pretty easy on equipment and respect limits manufacturing company's put on their products. Will continue to look and learn

/ New owner of BX25 #5  
Hi
Congrats you will love the BX.
Remember Seat belt on rops up.

/ New owner of BX25 #6  
I'm surprised I'm the first to say it, but a rear skid plate is an excellent idea. You can do a search on here for HST fan replacement to get an idea of what will happen the first time you run over a stick and it breaks the blades on the plastic transmission cooling fan.

/ New owner of BX25 #7  
I'm surprised I'm the first to say it, but a rear skid plate is an excellent idea. You can do a search on here for HST fan replacement to get an idea of what will happen the first time you run over a stick and it breaks the blades on the plastic transmission cooling fan.
My BX25 has a factory installed skid plate covering the fan. Interesting thing about the fan. I've had/bought 10 Kubotas in the last 6 years. Never had a problem and I've actually gotten one of them stuck up on top of a brush pile. Fortunately fan wise I had the MMM on it and unfortunately I had the MMM on it and that's why I got it stuck. I've always had MMM's on my BX's but not my B's or L and never knew about or worried about the fan skid plate deal. I have a BX2660 and my MMM is still off and every time I drive it I'm scared that my Fan is going to be destroyed!:confused::( For 6 years I drove my tractors in ignorant joyful bliss but now I can't drive it due to my new found knowledge. Guess I'm going to put my MMM back on and then just drive them on grass. Wish I didn't know about the fan deal and my BX2660 does not have the factory installed skid plate on it like my BX25.

/ New owner of BX25 #8  
Congrats on the BX25! :D You will enjoy it!
I have only 10 days experience but mine has 37 hours already.
Remember, Grease BH & FEL every 10 hours of their use!
Post some pictures when you have a chance. :thumbsup:

/ New owner of BX25 #9  
Congraduations on the new BX25!!! I've had mine for almost a year now and the 1st thing I will say is read the manual, understand its capacities, weight distribution. It is truley a work horse, looking to purchase a MMM within the month and possibily a spreader. Watch out for the bucket, it can do some damage if you hit something with it, not that I would know but the garage has taken a real beating in the last 6 months:laughing: As LBrown59 said, seat belt on and ROPS up (remember to lower them when going the garage, again I just heard these things). It has its limitations and you'll have fun finding them but be careful.

/ New owner of BX25 #10  
Congrats on the new machine!:cool2: I've had mine for a year now, and this is my first as well. This is a great forum to learn about how to use your equipment, and you'll find most likely my friend, that you are standing now at the top of the hill, looking down the very slippery slope of attachments, need to haves, and little niceities that make your tractor time waaaay more enjoyable. I'm talking about things like LED lights added to your ROPS so that you can see at night, or in the snow. Those halogens in front don't provide much light when the bucket is up, or you're moving something. You gotta have attachments like a mid mounted mower (MMM), a tiller, grass catcher, back blade, snow blower, 3 point hitch, and a real trailer hitch, instead of the one on the back. You'll find BXpanded.com great for things like dollies to handle your BH and FEL while their off your tractor. Yes sir, yer gonna find out real soon how deep your pockets REALLY are!:D NOT that I am speaking from experience......'cause I don't have everything but I'm getting closer! Welcome to the club. It's worth checking in every day to keep up on things.

John