Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Default Renting lawn care equipment

Hi all,
    I have been looking around at rental shops here in northern Illinois for the following equipment to use with me BX1850 and have not been able to find a source. Can you rent this stuff in your area?

Question: How much weight can reallistically be carried on the 3PH. I know specs say 600+lbs but is this with or with out front weights?

3 pH mount garden tiller. Will rent tractor and tiller or 6' tillers nothing smaller other than walk behind unit.

Land scape rakes: have them for skid loaders but nothing to use behind CUT's

Lawn aerator: 6' 3 PH not sure of the weight of this unit but my BX might handle this. Could not find a pull type which really surprised me.

Lawn seeded: again had one for skid loader but nothing for CUT.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking these items should be available to rent?

TIA

Roy

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: Renting lawn care equipment

Hi all,
    I have been looking around at rental shops here in northern Illinois for the following equipment to use with me BX1850 and have not been able to find a source. Can you rent this stuff in your area?

My local dealer will rent certain items like PHD, etc.

Question: How much weight can reallistically be carried on the 3PH. I know specs say 600+lbs but is this with or with out front weights?

I'd say it depends on the leverage of the said implement. If you have a tiller that weights 600 lbs, then its fine. If you have a bush hog that sticks out 5-8 ft, it's so much easier with a FEL on and weight in bucket.

3 pH mount garden tiller. Will rent tractor and tiller or 6' tillers nothing smaller other than walk behind unit.
    Don't know how to help you here- I have one and my fathers borrows mine.
    Land scape rakes: have them for skid loaders but nothing to use behind CUT's
    good question- I am not sure about that- I am still in middle of build of making a landscape rake using my backblade frame.
    Lawn aerator: 6' 3 PH not sure of the weight of this unit but my BX might handle this. Could not find a pull type which really surprised me.
    Is there any reason why you can't use a small pull type el cheapo aerator from box store? It just sits there 90% of the time of the year. That is what I am doing now- bought one from garage sale for 40 bucks that is under 4 ft wide.

Lawn seeded: again had one for skid loader but nothing for CUT.

You mean overseeder? I am too looking for one- john thomas offered me to borrow his but he is too far from me. I am trying to think if a broadcast seeder actually works or not since I just bought one from TSC the other day on sale. Its a nice unit, much more heavy duty unit. Planning to fertilize my lawn soon. I will need to contact my dealer to see if he has a landpride overseeder to rent.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking these items should be available to rent?

I don't think you are. I have been tossing ideas all winter and spring long about opening a store for scuts and cuts. Most of the implement stuff is a little too big, or too weak for the BX's. We need a little more flexiblity.

Tractor
    Kubota BX 24

Well here in RI rentals of attachments / implements are all geared toward skid steers, and lucky to find anything else. Rentals of these items usually include renting the tractor as well from the rental yard.

I just attempt to buy everything I need used. Use it for the purpose and either sell it / put it away for future use.
    Matt

BX 24
    LA240 FEL, BT601 Backhoe, 54'' MMM, Patu DC 40 Chipper, 5ft LandScape Rake, FEL Snow Plow, ATI FEL Quick Attach, TracVac with QA mower boot, WorkSaver Post Hole Digger, 50$ 4ft Grader Blade

Hi oldnslo I'm prone to renting things I use rarely. Just yesterday was at the dealer looking at tillers. Pretty sure he said it was 150 a day inc pick/delivery. For me that reasonable for somethings that can come close to 3k.

Many times over the years I've use a bucket of sand for ballast. Like if I was pulling logs out of the woods, using a scraper. Even used a loaded bucket to knock down and uproot small trees.

I'm just throwing that out so you'll appreciate and use the mechanical advantage of a loaded bucket for your 3PH projects if it's required. A 4wd veh that can't get sufficient purchase with the front end isn't the big help it could be.
    Kubota B1750 with chains on all 4 turf tires. CC1440 & GT2550

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Guys,
    thanks for the feed back.

Agree with renting Vs buying for infrequent use items.

I tiller and a lawn seeder would probably be a one time use item for me so can't justify buying them.

thanks again and the search continues.

Roy