BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone...

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #1  

imajeepnut

Silver Member
I think I could have lifted that little BX up and turned it upside down by myself today I was so mad!!:mad: I have 2 hours on it, and a stick the size of my thumb finds its way up and beside that cute little white plastic fan....you know...it looks like those little hand held battery operated fans you buy at WalMart??? And that was it....stripped 'em all right off of there pretty as you please! $6 for the fan...$5,995 to replace! Or it might as well be! lol I can't for the lift of me understand why Kubota didn't put a slip-yoke style drive shaft in these tractors.

So I was thinking....should I just go ahead and rebuild the engine, and repaint the chassis while I have it all apart? I know it only has a couple of hours on it, but I mean.....you know.....when will I EVER have this opportunity to do this work again? Once I get my BroTek skid plate on, I should NEVER have to disassemble my tractor again to change that little plastic fan.

I don't think I'll sleep well tonight...

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #2  
I'm so very sorry. Couple of painful question, which you may be in no mood to answer. MMM on? Off the beaten path? Stick just laying in the lawn?

Finally, Kubota insurance or private?

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #3  
Finally, Kubota insurance or private?[/QUOTE]

Why? Would Kubota replace it for the 250 deductable?? All the more reason to get it, huh?

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone...
JUST DID take the MMM off....didn't want to drag it in the dirt... :(

Stick must have curved upward when I drove over it. It was the size of a good sized grape vine....'bout the size of my thumb.

Insured yes....but Barlow's is 6hrs away :(

I'm wondering.... can I continue to plow my garden with these temps in the 60's and low 70's? What harm if any would short "stints" of use cause...or would it take alot of use to cause harm?

Anyone have any good evidence as to whether or not I could at least use it to plow my small garden and THEN disassemble the tractor while the beans are growing???

Thanks!!!!

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #6  
I'm so very sorry. Couple of painful question, which you may be in no mood to answer. MMM on? Off the beaten path? Stick just laying in the lawn?

Finally, Kubota insurance or private?
Jeff called me this morning. I was very sorry to tell him to read the forum about the fan. He may not read the forum for awhile to answer so: he had his MMM off, he does have Kubota Insurance so I reminded him he will probably only be out the $250 (if he had went my route with private insurance it would be bad, I mean really bad) and he was cutting off the beaten path. I've had my MMM off my BX2660 for a couple of weeks and have been off the beaten path for several hours of work but Thank God I didn't hit any of the briars and sticks. My MMM goes back on to never be removed again. Hate this happened to Jeff.

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #7  
JUST DID take the MMM off....didn't want to drag it in the dirt... :(

Stick must have curved upward when I drove over it. It was the size of a good sized grape vine....'bout the size of my thumb.

Insured yes....but Barlow's is 6hrs away :(

I'm wondering.... can I continue to plow my garden with these temps in the 60's and low 70's? What harm if any would short "stints" of use cause...or would it take alot of use to cause harm?

Anyone have any good evidence as to whether or not I could at least use it to plow my small garden and THEN disassemble the tractor while the beans are growing???

Thanks!!!!
Why don't you use your B3030? It has to get dirty one day.:) I thought you may have went to bed and I answered while you were answering.

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #8  
So, the stock "improved" HST guard, if that's what you have, didn't help on this deal, eh. Too bad.

I got a feeling that Kubota Insurance will assist you in getting it repaired at a local dealership. What do they call them? Extended Service Dealership?

No, I absolutely would not operate without the fan. Why push it and risk more.

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #9  
So, the stock "improved" HST guard, if that's what you have, didn't help on this deal, eh. Too bad.

I got a feeling that Kubota Insurance will assist you in getting it repaired at a local dealership. What do they call them? Extended Service Dealership?

No, I absolutely would not operate without the fan. Why push it and risk more.
My BX2660 does not have any fan guard "improved" or otherwise. It does not have the one in your picture. My BX25 does. My BX2660 came to me with MMM my BX25 did not. Wonder if this is a dealer decision to add if no MMM and not add if a MMM?

/ BX2660 HST fan GONE, gone, gone... #10  
we have got to get some member on the forum to make a retro-fit fan out of metal for these. :)