I have a dilemma

/ I have a dilemma #1  

mow4fun

Silver Member
Here is my dilemma:

I have the Exmark 52" Turf Tracer HP and I have it for sale, I actually have listed it on ebay and has a bid on it. The auction ends tomorrow.

I have already mowed with the BX1860 twice and the cut was nice, nothing to write about but it did a good job and was happy with the results. Today, I decide to use the Exmark walk behind and probably should have not done that. What a difference in cut, the grass was also high over 5 inches and with the muclch kit installed and it just went through it like nothing. This machine is incredible and the lawn looks great afterwards.

So, should I just keep it and look to sell the 54" deck on the BX?
Or, just sell it and move one?

I am affraid I will regret it but wanted to get some opinions to see what you guys think?

/ I have a dilemma #2  
been there, done that,

prior to buying my bx, i owned for a number of years a toro z master 100
commercial zero turn mower w/a 19hp kawasaki twin and a 52' sfs deck. it was an awesome 1000 lb. ballarina. it produced a magnificent cut and was extra-ordinairly quick and striped beautifully.
however, i could only mow with it. i made the decision to buy a year-round machine, with the capability of snow removal (with a 2763a blade), a fine cut 54" mmm, fel w/ ratchet rake, and numerous 3 pt attachments, sprayer & spyker 120 electric spreader. i will be adding a tiller and box blade shortly.
i queried kubota on blade tip speed, they figure it differently . . . bottom line is . . . the more frequently you mow your grass the better it will look, in season, with or without a mulch kit. honestly i am admidst a major property renovation, with killing the existing grass, turning over the soil, adding amendments and the planting certified seed.
i truly miss my zero, but only momentarily, my bx2360 is an awesome year round machine.
keep the deck should you ever decide to move on fron the bx, it will be an easier resale.
best of luck, shrekbelly

hope this helps,

regards, shrekbelly

/ I have a dilemma
It definitly helped, I guess I'll sell the Exmark and save some money. :)

I am sure the Kubota will do a good job with the Fine Cut deck, I am sure I'll find a way to fabricate a striping kit or buy one in the near future.

/ I have a dilemma #4  
Sounds like if its listed with a bid Its too late now. You should have decided that before you listed it, I hate wishy/washy sellers. Find something you want, start working the deal, & then want to change their mind, big waste of everyones time!!

/ I have a dilemma #5  
Sounds like if its listed with a bid Its too late now. You should have decided that before you listed it, I hate wishy/washy sellers. Find something you want, start working the deal, & then want to change their mind, big waste of everyones time!!

Yeah, I had the same issue when trying to buy another JD 2305. The guy had everything we wanted (TLB, 62" deck) for a good price. We started dealing and even sent a $1000 deposit to him. Less than a week before we were going to head to UP up-state NY he calls and says that the 3000 series tractor he was looking at was not going to do what he wanted to do and that he wanted to keep his 2305. We reluctantly said fine and he sent the deposit back without incident. We ended up with another TLB 2305 WITHOUT the mower deck and double the hours (130) for $300 MORE than the wishy/washy NY seller.

What really ticked me off is that the tractor is currently relisted on Craigslist for $2500 more and the guy is currently having the diverter valve and independent lift installed at his JD. Why would you install that stuff and then turn around and sell it? YOU ARENT GOING TO GET YOUR FREAKIN MONEY BACK ON THAT INVESTMENT!!!! :mad:

Great now I am all pissed off...

/ I have a dilemma

I guess you never had second thoughts???

It happens and so what if change my mind, I still own it and it is my choice.

/ I have a dilemma #7  
Thats why you always add the disclaimer on the description. "The seller reserves the right to cancell this auction at anytime for any reason". This way they know it always a possibility as some items such as tractors and such are usually for sale locally too

/ I have a dilemma #8  
Here is my dilemma:
I have already mowed with the BX1860 twice and the cut was nice, nothing to write about but it did a good job and was happy with the results.
*Today, I decide to use the Exmark walk behind and probably should have not done that. What a difference in cut, the grass was also high over 5 inches and with the muclch kit installed and it just went through it like nothing. This machine is incredible and the lawn looks great afterwards.
So, should I just keep it and look to sell the 54" deck on the BX?
**Or, just sell it and move one?*Why walk when you can ride?
** Just sell it and move on.
*Why walk when you can ride?

It definitly helped, I guess I'll sell the Exmark and save some money. :)

I am sure the Kubota will do a good job with the Fine Cut deck, I am sure
*** I'll find a way to fabricate a striping kit or buy one in the near future.
***I don't particularly care for the skipped look.

/ I have a dilemma #9  
I guess you never had second thoughts???

It happens and so what if change my mind, I still own it and it is my choice.

I do hope you change your mind about it being OK to break an agreement... (just like a buyers bid is a commitment to pay, a seller listing is a commitment to provide the item). It should be problematic to change your mind when doing so has an effect on others...
I realize this is really dealing with ethics, but it is also part of the sellers basic commitment...
OTOH there are those that feel it is OK to mislead and misrepresent items in their descriptions... so I suppose it is just a matter of what group of mentality you want to associate yourself with...
Hope it all works out for the best, but I do hope you reconsider your thoughts on at what time you still have a 'choice' in any future dealings... good luck. KennyV

Last edited:
   / I have a dilemma
I do hope you change your mind about it being OK to break an agreement... (just like a buyers bid is a commitment to pay, a seller listing is a commitment to provide the item). It should be problematic to change your mind when doing so has an effect on others...
I realize this is really dealing with ethics, but it is also part of the sellers basic commitment...
OTOH there are those that feel it is OK to mislead and misrepresent items in their descriptions... so I suppose it is just a matter of what group of mentality you want to associate yourself with...
Hope it all works out for the best, but I do hope you reconsider your thoughts on at what time you still have a 'choice' in any future dealings... good luck. KennyV

What agreement, at the point when I listed this question I was within my right to cancel the bids and auction. Anyhow, I did sell it and did move on.