Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #11  
My B7800 uses a little less than a gallon an hour finish mowing or brush hogging. About half that for most other stuff. It has a 7 gallon tank. Your tractor should use a bit less fuel than the B7800. I would say your 6.6 gallon tank should do 8 hours of mowing. Mowing at PTO speed uses the most fuel. Other stuff at low RPM's uses much less fuel. Half as much or less.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #12  
OK, except there are some unknown variables as well here.

What was the hour meter when it was delivered? 1 hour? 1.4 hours?
If an hour was put on it, getting it assembled and so forth, then topped off, super topped off for delivery, you could still be in the ball park of it not wanting to decide between full and 1/2. Again, lots of guys report these gauges being flakey. If you go buy 5 gallons of diesel and it takes it all? Yup, that gauge is not right.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #13  
My B7800 gas gauge has never really worked. Goes above full when it is full, and shows over half a tank when empty.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #14  
My B7800 fuel gauge is pretty darn accurate. My Polaris Sportsman ATV fuel gauge is pretty much useless.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #15  
When I got my B2320 it had right around, or maybe just less than 1/4 tank and .6 hours. I filled it with 5 gals. and it was at or near full then. It now has 8.6 hours and the gas gauge looks to be around where I received it.

So...hoping that it has an actual tach and not a worthless hobbs meter...you should be about out of fuel. :thumbsup:

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #16  
The fuel gauge on my bx2660 worked for the first tank of fuel. After refilling for the first time it's been stuck on full ever since. Like JohnThomas I will probably wait until I need other work done before making a warranty claim. I Just keep looking in the tank and topping it off every 6-8 hours or so.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #17  
My BX1850 also has a slow to fall fuel gauge. It will run for several hours before the gauge moves, but when it moves it drops fast maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hrs from full to 1/4 tank. Seems to be fairly accurate at a 1/4 tank since it still won't hold 5 Gallons.

Roy

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #18  
The fuel gauge on my bx2660 worked for the first tank of fuel. After refilling for the first time it's been stuck on full ever since. Like JohnThomas I will probably wait until I need other work done before making a warranty claim. I Just keep looking in the tank and topping it off every 6-8 hours or so.

Same here. Worked for the most part for the first couple of tanks (although it would swing significantly going up/down hill), but now its stuck on empty all the time.

As mentioned above, if you fill it back up every 4 hours or so and remember to check before every time you start it up, no biggie.

Just don't run your diesel dry. Its apparently quite the hassle to restart if your tank runs dry...someone here that knows more about it can probably explain better.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank
I checked the tank and it has 1/2 tank of gas and still full so I called the dealer today, since it has only 6.1 hr and new. He offered me to do onsite service, if needed he is willing to pickup and drop the tractor. Thursday morning service call

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #20  
I checked the tank and it has 1/2 tank of gas and still full so I called the dealer today, since it has only 6.1 hr and new. He offered me to do onsite service, if needed he is willing to pickup and drop the tractor. Thursday morning service call

Sounds like a good dealer to me. If he's willing to go that far for a "minor" issue, sounds like a keeper.