Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #1  

smokey_truck

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX1860
I am getting little worried about my bx-1860. When I was buying from dealer, it probably has 45 min or something. When I received I got it as full tank probably. It has now 6.1 hrs on the hr meter, I mowed my grass three times and running around little bit, the gas gauge always shows full tank. Getting little concerned. At one point, the needle was stuck way left and never came down. I turned off and on then it deflected and went to full back. I left it running on little level ground it started showing 3/4 tank and then when I moved it was full.

I am concerned if full sending unit is busted or something. Any advise

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #2  
You might want to take a look in the tank. Maybe check with a stick if you can't see the fuel. It should be down a little. Maybe my bx2660 is just a fuel hog. :laughing:

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #3  
At 6 hours it should be below the half mark!

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #4  
Actually, for a BX1860 this is not unusual. While yours might be stuck in the full position, I'd give it another hour.

Weird, but mine is pretty much the same. If you, or the dealer, hyper filled it, it will take about 7 hours to come off full. Then, it falls like a rock. Similar to some cars where the first quarter tank on the gauge is actually about half the tank. Bottom line? These gauges don't appear to be spectacularly accurate. My guess is that within another hour, it will really drop. Word of encouragement. These things sip diesel. I only burned 8 additional gallons or so for the first 30 hours, so you are in the ballpark.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #5  
My BX2660 fuel guage doesn't work right.I don't depend on it to be accurate. You do know that you can look in the top of the fuel tank and see if you have fuel, don't you? I may get mine replaced on Warranty but only if I have it in for some other repair or purpose. I know how much I put in it and I check the tank from time to time and try to keep a 5 gal container of fuel on hand.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank
Ok tomorrow I will run for few an hr and check, I thought so to sometime when it dangels in slopes up and down, when it reaches certain point it drops to half or so. but thanks for all the input. My issues I dont have a tailer and I have rent one and strap go 15 miles and back again.

My dealer doesnot appear to give free trailering, we will see

Hopefully It should be ok

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #7  
Lots of my equipment, lawn mower, roto tiller, riding lawn mower, etc doesn't have a gauge. It's no big deal. Without free transport, which the dealer does not have to provide, I'd wait until there was some real issue to deal with under warranty, but then again, I doubt you'll actually have any.

Lots of my equipment, lawn mower, roto tiller, riding lawn mower, etc doesn't have a gauge. It's no big deal. Without free transport, which the dealer does not have to provide, I'd wait until there was some real issue to deal with under warranty, but then again, I doubt you'll actually have any.

How many hrs. should a full tank of Bx1860 should last, I heard 8 hr, not sure if it is correct, or is it based on type of work because of the rpm. I used only MMM and then use front loader to pickup engine back and forth.

/ Little concerned about gas gauge - 6.1 hr, gauge shows full tank #9  
How many hrs. should a full tank of Bx1860 should last, I heard 8 hr, not sure if it is correct, or is it based on type of work because of the rpm. I used only MMM and then use front loader to pickup engine back and forth.

See post 3. The thing uses just short of 1/2 gallon an hour and the tank is about 5 gallon.

Thanks Kevin, yeah I should be 1/2 tank atleast