3-Point Hitch 3 pt trailer hitch

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #1  

Bamacummins

Bronze Member
Anybody have experience with this company and their tractor parts/attachments? OMNI BX Special 3 Point Trailer Hitch for Kubota - OMNI Mfg

Looking for something to haul the utility trailer around and also move my camper (30 ft) into a tight area not easily done with my truck. Would the camper be too much weight? No grades, pretty level when moving.

I have BX 2660.

Attachments

• 909634.jpg
    909634.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 575
   / 3 pt trailer hitch #2  
Not I. There was a former post of someone buying a attachment that fastens to the lower rear plate on the tractor for $29 on Harbor freight that accepts the reese type hitches.

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #3  
I do.

The hitch is GREAT! Makes moving my trailers around incredibly easy! Very wel built and stout.

I highly recommend (sp) this thing. it even comes with all the hardware to mount it to your 3 PH.

marc

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #4  
I don't think the length or weight of the 30' trailer is an issue but I would be concerned with the tongue weight. Perhaps someone knows the lift capacity of the BX.

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #5  
Here we go again :D . The BX's in general :
3 pt hitch can lift 1210 lbs
Lower hitch tongue weight = 550lb
Lower hitch tow 1765lbs trailer weight

I built my own hitch to move my trailers with- and I moved my 22ft camper with 3 pt and 16ft landscape trailer with the BX, no problem. The only thing is if moving something like a camper with lots of tongue weight, you should have the FEL on or have front weights with at least 200-300lbs in front or you will do a wheelie ! :eek:

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #6  
...also have to be careful if hauling trailers that are uneven... (not enough tongue weight) since the 3Pt. doesn't have down force... the tongue could slam upward causing damage to the lift mechanism or... even worse... injury!

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #7  
Agri Supply has one that I think looks good, although I have not ordered it. To me it offer more possible uses and elimates the need to put your receiver hitch in it. I was too cheap to order it and Cat 1 drawbar instead but don't like it. I have ordered from Agri Supply before and wished there was one near where I live as they seem to have pretty good prices but hate to pay shipping.

HANDI HITCH WITH CLEVIS AND BALLS - Agri Supply

This company also offers a version as well as a bucket attach version:

3 Point Trailer Hitch

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #8  
Bamacummins,

I pull my 31 ft travel trailer around the yard for the same reasons with a homemade 3 pt hitch on my B2320. see pictures.

Inky05 is bang on the comment about not enough tongue weight. It can damage your system or its very anoying to climb on your utility trailer and the front end starts lifting. My travel trailer has plenty of tongue weight (800 lbs) so it is not a problem but if you use a smaller utility trailer the tongue wants to go up depending on how your load is distributed. I would recommend getting a 3 pt hith with a chain that attaches to your drawbar and prevent the movement upwards. I added this into my design and it works well (it's not on my pictures but is similar to the one on the link below). I believe this company (see link) design theirs this way also.

Bad River | Home

You can probably modify the one you are looking at to serve the same purpose.

Like radioman I keep the FEL on otherwise the tractor front end is too light. My heavy travel trailer makes the front wheels less effective when turning. (some weight in the bucket will also help)

It's a great add on to your tractor and makes your life easier to move things around.

Gyro

http://www.badriverinc.com/?src=tractorpoint

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 907
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 981
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 344
   / 3 pt trailer hitch #9  
:thumbsup:I bought the Omni Combo hitch. It is well built. On my Bx2660 I can move my 12 ft, 2,200 lbs tandem trailer around with ease. On a hilly area I have to be careful since the tongue forces can change and raise the front end of the tractor. The guy up there in the north woods of MN is good to do business with. There are other attachments that the hitch will accept.

/ 3 pt trailer hitch #10  
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. It is nice to know that what we build at OMNI Mfg works well for our customers.

Rock, Propietor OMNI Mfg