Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art!

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #21  
   / Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #22  
So... 1.5" spacers are ok by the manufacturer and 2" spacers are still ok but put a little bit more stress on the axles.

I have been looking through all the old threads and haven't seen anyone break anything from them.

I have seen some pictures and haven't been able to determine if the front tire will still be in track with the rear after the spacer is added.

Real simple to figure out, straighten the front wheels. Stick a straight edge on the outside of the front tire that will run back to your back tire.
Measure from the back of the rear wheel to the straight edge,
subtract 2 inches,
then measure from the straight edge towards the back of the wheel (with your previous measurement minus the 2 inches), and that is where the inside of the back tires is going to run.

The out side track of the rear tire real simple, measure out 2 inches from the out of the rear wheel.

An even simpler method would be to use a carpenters square, hook across the back of the rear tire, find the 2 inch mark from the back to the outside edge.

The only issue I have read that had anything to do with spacers is where someone mounted wheels so that he had duals in the back. I believe he broke an axle.

You are probably going to cause a little more stress on the bearings and they might wear sooner, but it might be worth the risk.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art!
Hey guys, why is the issue of tire tracking important?

You're right, those are a nice hunk of steel. Have fun testing them out!

Looks to be machined out of a block of aluminum. Maybe that's important to help keep the weight low? I tend to think of aluminum as a weaker metal than steel, but maybe it's just softer, not weaker.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #26  
Hey guys, why is the issue of tire tracking important?

I was just curious about it. That is why I asked it.

I don't have my BX yet (Brady must be a little busy), so I am not able to measure anything yet to see.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #27  
Instead of two tracks, you now have four... From an ascetic standpoint, the lawn will incur more damage.

Will or May? :confused:

Some grass may prefer to be ran over once vs. twice. :D

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #28  
I just ordered a pair from Richard at Bro-Tek. I e-mailed him that I wanted to buy a set. I had a reply about 13 minutes later and completed the purchase in a few more minutes. A few hours later I had confirmation that it had been scheduled to ship.

I have purchased Thumb, Skid plates, tool box, steering guard and Ripper tooth from Richard and all have been top quality and fair dinkum price.

I have purchased Thumb, Skid plates, tool box, steering guard and Ripper tooth...

Bob, did you also buy the trenching plow attachment for the ripper tooth? I think that's a more recent addition to his line. I've been tempted to get that ripper tooth, but I manage to get by digging stumps with the bucket. That trenching tool could make the ripper doubly useful, though, if it works well. Looks to me like it's custom made for digging lines for buried electric fast and with minimum damage to yard. Maybe drain lines too?

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #30  
Bob, did you also buy the trenching plow attachment for the ripper tooth? I think that's a more recent addition to his line. I've been tempted to get that ripper tooth, but I manage to get by digging stumps with the bucket. That trenching tool could make the ripper doubly useful, though, if it works well. Looks to me like it's custom made for digging lines for buried electric fast and with minimum damage to yard. Maybe drain lines too?

I did not buy the trenching plow. I didn't think I had a need for it and so far I haven't.