Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art!

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #1  

Tractor Factor

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, BX1860
Rainout yesterday so I installed the Bro-Tek 2" wheel spacers on the BX25. If I win the lottery someday I will buy a pair just to use for paperweights because they are just plain beautiful to look at. What precision machining, what a gorgeous hunk of metal! Also started installing the Bro-Tek skid plates, and I'm going back out now to finish putting them on. Hope to get out later today and see how the wider stance feels...it definitely looks cool. I didn't think that an extra two inches a side would really look much different, but it does.

Been thinking about those skid plates for a year now, but imajeepnut's recent thread on replacing the HST fan got me really motivated! :D BTW, the first pic's not mine, I forgot to get the camera out before I put the wheel back on.

Wheel spacer installation.JPGIMG_4450.JPGIMG_4451.JPG

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #2  
I was looking at a thumb from them and the quality shows and I have a tool and die background.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #3  
Rainout yesterday so I installed the Bro-Tek 2" wheel spacers on the BX25. If I win the lottery someday I will buy a pair just to use for paperweights because they are just plain beautiful to look at. What precision machining, what a gorgeous hunk of metal! Also started installing the Bro-Tek skid plates, and I'm going back out now to finish putting them on. Hope to get out later today and see how the wider stance feels...it definitely looks cool. I didn't think that an extra two inches a side would really look much different, but it does.

Been thinking about those skid plates for a year now, but imajeepnut's recent thread on replacing the HST fan got me really motivated! :D BTW, the first pic's not mine, I forgot to get the camera out before I put the wheel back on.

View attachment 163473View attachment 163474View attachment 163475

You're right, those are a nice hunk of steel. Have fun testing them out!

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #4  
Reading all of the other threads on these spacers, why would these void a warranty but Kubota would supply spacers to help with tire chain clearance?

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #5  
Trying not to hijack this thread, but on BX24 with the MMM (60 inch) does anyone know if they would cause interference?

Those look nice and I have been considering them for some time now...

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #6  
Reading all of the other threads on these spacers, why would these void a warranty but Kubota would supply spacers to help with tire chain clearance?
Because they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. Of course, the BroTek spacers are wider than the 1.5" OEM spacers... This is one reason... It is beyond Kubota's engineered specs.
Adding to that... An aftermarket company has no incentive to properly engineer a bolt-on part.

Sure, the extra half inch on a solid and well machined BroTek spacer will only add a marginal load to the axles... But someone will always push the limits. JoeBlow machine shop may offer a 6" spacer. In which they could care less how much life was removed from the axles (after all, they do not have to pay a penny for the repair).

-No incentive or proper means to measure the adverse effect that the product will have on the equipment.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art!
An aftermarket company has no incentive to properly engineer a bolt-on part.

I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement. A small company like this has the greatest of incentives in the products they put out, and that is the very success of the company itself. Often, companies like this do not feel the need to meet a particular price point in their engineering, and therefore actually provide better aftermarket products than the original manufacturer. Case in point, the "bolt-on" Bro-Tek skid plates, which some dealers have warned owners will also void their warranty. Kubota's solution is their HST fan protective "shield". Thanks, but I'll take the Bro-Tek.

Richard, the owner, has a long track record of carefully designed and tested products. He has demonstrated to hundreds of Kubota owners over the years that he is a man of integrity in both the sales and support of his products.

Really, I have no dog in this fight. Let every person do his own research, understand the risks and make his own decision. I've always been a bit of a contrarian, and it has served me well through the years. I'm very comfortable with my decision.

Trying not to hijack this thread, but on BX24 with the MMM (60 inch) does anyone know if they would cause interference?

Those look nice and I have been considering them for some time now...

You can email Richard ( Bro-Tek@hotmail.com ), he's good about returning emails. His literature states that the 2-inch spacers can only be used with the 60" MMM. For example, if you have a BX1860, which will take a 54-inch maximum MMM, you can't use these spacers. I believe he may soon be offering a 1-inch spacer for these smaller mower decks.

BTW, a quick report: I took the tractor out for a couple hours last night, concentrating on those parts of the property that I know from experience require extra caution (and I've got a lot of them here). Noticeable improvement in feel and handling in these areas. Can't put a number on it, not gonna say it's night and day, but yes, a tangible improvement in stability...and that's good enough for me. It's those rollovers you don't have you should learn to appreciate the most.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #10  
I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement. A small company like this has the greatest of incentives in the products they put out, and that is the very success of the company itself. Often, companies like this do not feel the need to meet a particular price point in their engineering, and therefore actually provide better aftermarket products than the original manufacturer. Case in point, the "bolt-on" Bro-Tek skid plates, which some dealers have warned owners will also void their warranty. Kubota's solution is their HST fan protective "shield". Thanks, but I'll take the Bro-Tek.

Richard, the owner, has a long track record of carefully designed and tested products. He has demonstrated to hundreds of Kubota owners over the years that he is a man of integrity in both the sales and support of his products.

Really, I have no dog in this fight. Let every person do his own research, understand the risks and make his own decision. I've always been a bit of a contrarian, and it has served me well through the years. I'm very comfortable with my decision.

I don't think American Pit Bull was bashing Bro-Tek, but rather talking about just random companies who will make something to make money without researching if it would hurt the tractor it was installed.

There are large incentives for companies like Bro-Tek to look into what they make. A one time sale doesn't help those companies, but repeat business from people like the ones that frequent this iste.

But for some off the grid machine shop that thinks they can make a few bucks on E-Bay or similar avenues aren't going to be too worried about the negative effects their products may have. Usually all they have to do is include a disclaimer.

Either way, by now owners should know that modifying their equipment can/will most likely void your warranty in some regards.