kubota m4900 front drive axle

/ kubota m4900 front drive axle #1  

jamesft

Tractor
2005 L39 tlb / MF1526 / M4900UT
Have Kubota M4900 4x4 with clicking noise in wheel. Had bad outside bearing, replaced outside & inside bearing on short axle shaft, plus lower steering knuckle shaft bearing put it all back in place, now have clicking sound coming from wheel when rolling with weight on wheel. Kinda stumped on what to replace next.

Last edited:
   / kubota m4900 front drive axle #2  
Have Kubota M4900 4x4 with clicking noise in wheel. Had bad outside bearing, replaced outside & inside bearing on short axle shaft, plus lower steering knuckle shaft bearing put it all back in place, now have clicking sound coming from wheel when rolling with weight on wheel. Kinda stumped on what to replace next.

Do you have a PDF of the front axle if you post it you may get a few suggestions. If you do not have the parts blow up for your machine go to
TRACTOR SMART and fill out the form then they will send you a complete PDF for you Kubota. For Free, they do this to help them sell parts.

/ kubota m4900 front drive axle #3  
Someone in another thread mentioned a clicking sound when the lug nuts on the wheel were not real tight on a M series Kubota. You may want to double check the lug nuts before going much further.

/ kubota m4900 front drive axle #4  
I'm with amigauser on this,
especially if it is the left side, that side tends to become loose and click more often than the right... check ALL wheel bolts, at the lugs and out on the dish to wheel. KennyV

/ kubota m4900 front drive axle
Thx. I got that parts pdf of the tractor. Jim

/ kubota m4900 front drive axle
I torqued all wheel lugs to 168 ft lb. thx for info.[ J.T.]

/ kubota m4900 front drive axle #8  
What condition were the bearings in? Any rough spots or other damage? If not, I'd look for cracks around the lug nuts. Try backing the nuts off to zero and re-tighten to maybe 50-60 ft-lb and see if the clicking changes.